Author Topic: Around Dahlia's in 8.5 Hours (Give or Take)  (Read 5093 times)

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
Around Dahlia's in 8.5 Hours (Give or Take)
« on: July 18, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »
Beer lovers Unite!

Next Friday, 07/27, Myself and a few friends are going to run the taps at Dahlia's.  All 85 beers on tap in one tremendous day of of drinking.  Not full pints of each, but in flights of (4) 4oz beers - so approx. 21 pints for the sitting.

We will plan on starting around 12:30 and going until about 8:30/9:00 with a couple of food breaks mixed in.  The final details are still being worked out and I'm looking to cap the event at 16 people, so PM me if you're interested.

Thanks,

Tony
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

fieldafm

• Editor
Re: Around Dahlia's in 8.5 Hours (Give or Take)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 02:29:56 PM »
If you start at a more reasonable afternoon hour for us working folk, I'd be in.  Super Food Truck sets up next door(at Park Place) at 10PM.  There's a built in food break that you won't have to walk (or stumble) far for.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:35:33 PM »
If you start at a more reasonable afternoon hour for us working folk, I'd be in.  Super Food Truck sets up next door(at Park Place) at 10PM.  There's a built in food break that you won't have to walk (or stumble) far for.

Reason for the hours:  Don't want to really interfere with the night crowd - pouring that many beers for even 10 people is a full time job. 

They're providing the food, so we won't have to go anywhere.

I just wanted to have a session event with a few close friends, but figured there are probably a few more degenerates like myself that would enjoy this as well....   and what better way to meet other said degenerates - go have a beer or twenty.   ;D
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:03:12 PM »
The Running of the Taps.... I love it!  8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
Bumping this back to the top for the nighttime crowd....
-Douglas Adams

AshleyLauren

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:39:54 PM »
Bumping this back to the top for the nighttime crowd....

I dont think I can drink that much beer. That many beers in that amount of time. That's about 2 1/2 flights an hour, right?? Although it sounds fun!!

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 08:20:17 AM »
One week from today it happens.  Plenty of time to start training your livers.
-Douglas Adams

Gonzo

• Beer is Good!
    • The Jax Beer Guy
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:35 AM »
I added a story about this to my Examiner.com page. Will post to SPringfield Brew Crew blog later this evening.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dahlia-s-to-host-the-running-of-the-taps?cid=db_articles
Born cold, wet, and crying; Gonzo has never-the-less risen to the pinnacle of the beer-loving world. You can read his dubious insights at www.JaxBeerGuy.com (click the BLOG link).

t sizzle

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 03:58:35 PM »
I'm dying to do this! Please host this event on a weekend sometime for the working folks.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 04:21:36 PM »
I'm dying to do this! Please host this event on a weekend sometime for the working folks.

I've gotten this feedback - a lot - so the trial run is still going to happen on the 27th and then after seeing how everything goes, work on planning a Saturday event.

Keep posted.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 02:07:30 PM »
Is there a plan?  method?  Technique?  Are you just gonna start left to right or vice vsersa?  Ales, lagers, pilsners?

You gotta have a plan man! 8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2012, 09:14:02 AM »
Is there a plan?  method?  Technique?  Are you just gonna start left to right or vice vsersa?  Ales, lagers, pilsners?

You gotta have a plan man! 8)

Plan?!?!?  The taps are numbered....  you start at 1.....  you go until you can't......
-Douglas Adams

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
-Douglas Adams