Author Topic: Sci-Fi Day at MOSH  (Read 1601 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Sci-Fi Day at MOSH
« on: June 16, 2012, 07:51:21 AM »
Sci-Fi Day at MOSH

MOSH brings the community Sci-Fi Day, Saturday, June 23rd. Sci-Fi Day's exhibitions and presenters will celebrate the pioneers of the past, discuss the intrigue of the future and explain the ideas developed within the genre that could one day become scientific, technological fact. Join MOSH with Storm Troopers, Starfleet officers, Klingons, and droids at this galactic event (and "May the Force be With You.").

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2012-jun-sci-fi-day-at-mosh-

Tamara-B

Re: Sci-Fi Day at MOSH
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »
If anyone would have told me sci fi has an effect on our society I would have laughed.

Movies like The Time Traveler's wife, Back to the future, and Hot Tub Time Machine  are simply for entertainment, right?

Nothing like that could effect us in real life, correct?

Those were my thoughts until I learned Tupac Shakur reemerged from the death this past April.

Or rather a Tupac hologram live in concert. I watched in amazement at how real the hologram seemed.

Does this mean Marilyn Monroe, Farrah faucet, and Patrick Swayze will grace us with their presence?

Can this apply to averages joes like us?

I've always assumed scientist scoffed at the idea of science fiction. Anything that is faith-based or dubbed fiction usually doesn't sit well with them as factual.

Along with holographic rap stars, how about hypnosis? The popular flick Back to the Future depicts Michael J. Fox's character traveling back in time. When patients are hypnotized, usually the doctor directs them to go back in time. Is this alike?

Isn't all fiction based on some sort of truth? Can truth be based on science fiction?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:15:48 PM by Tamara-B »
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent  -Eleanor Roosevelt