Author Topic: Urban Construction Update - May 2012  (Read 7536 times)

Luveenyah

Re: Urban Construction Update - May 2012
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 11:32:50 AM »
The new cafe/bistro in SPR will be called Kool Beans, if i'm not mistaken. Also, I'm not sure if this is news worthy, but JEA continues major construction at their site just South of 1st & Laura. You can best see it from Laura (new above ground water tank).

There's a gourmet restaurant in Tallahassee called Kool Beanz Cafe that I always heard was really good.  Any relation to this project by any chance?
“Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?”

CityLife

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »
Looks like chains are starting to take more of an interest in R/A... I'm not a fan of Tijuana Flats at all. Their sauces are great, but their food is so-so and their "vibe" is artificial (its from Orlando after all). I'd much rather see Chipotle in the 5 Points area.

Definitely a lot of good things going on in the core though. Great news

ben says

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »
Looks like chains are starting to take more of an interest in R/A... I'm not a fan of Tijuana Flats at all. Their sauces are great, but their food is so-so and their "vibe" is artificial (its from Orlando after all). I'd much rather see Chipotle in the 5 Points area.

Definitely a lot of good things going on in the core though. Great news

+100
For luxury travel agency & concierge services, reach out at jax2bcn@gmail.com - my blog about life in Barcelona can be found at www.lifeinbarcelona.com (under construction!)

JaxNative68

• Be obscure clearly
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 02:26:51 PM »
2/3 of the downtown EverBank build-out is having furniture installed and should be occupied by mid-June.  the final third should be done by the end of July.

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 02:54:06 PM »
I noticed Monday night that another store has opened at the Landing, it is in the old Foot Locker location. I believe that end of Landing is now 100% occupied.

pwhitford

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:54 PM »
Is there no news or information about the 2nd Julia's Urban Grocery location, proposed for the vacant building just off the intersection of Riverside Blvd. and Prudential Drive (south side of the E corner)?  I thought they were going ahead with both locations?
Enlightenment--that magnificent escape from anguish and ignorance--never happens by accident. It results from the brave and sometimes lonely battle of one person against his own weaknesses.

-Bhikkhu Nyanasobhano, "Landscapes of Wonder"

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 05:38:22 PM »
I noticed Monday night that another store has opened at the Landing, it is in the old Foot Locker location. I believe that end of Landing is now 100% occupied.

That's good news!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
Is there no news or information about the 2nd Julia's Urban Grocery location, proposed for the vacant building just off the intersection of Riverside Blvd. and Prudential Drive (south side of the E corner)?  I thought they were going ahead with both locations?
Work has not started on it at this point.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fsujax

• Teapartysaurus!
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
Mean while another locally owned store has opened at the Landing. The entire wing is now full.

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/downtowntoday.php?dt_date=2012-05-30