Author Topic: Baptist South Expansion  (Read 6304 times)

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
Re: Baptist South Expansion
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:21 AM »
Here is a driveby update of the expansion.  Looks like the structure is topped out at 8 floors.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 12:25:18 PM »
It looks like I will be working next door to Baptist South this summer, so this will give me something to look forward to on the long commute.

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 07:38:21 PM »
Sorry, but it was a cool thought that maybe they could build Baptist World out next to World Golf Village... Residential, retail, offices, Theme Park, and a negative amount for carrying the current office until Baptist World Opens. Think of the possibilities, First Baptist Church moves their whole campus to the Southside and relocates next to the hospital and "Baptist World". Now image the theme park, a giant version of Tellie Tubbies (Without Tinkie Winkie of course). Baptist World will only serve Kosher Iced Tea... Sea salt chips to go with the fish dinners, except on Friday, when they'll have sirloin just to tick off the Catholics. Baptist World will be an interesting Theme Park, certain adult features or smiles, for example you may ride the roller coaster if your male or female, provided your swim-wear styles date from 1925 or before. Otherwise we will not condone mixed bathing.

Sooner or later, the old Baptist home will fill up and they'll start to die off, the whole city will turn out in a ticker tape parade when Tinkie Winkie heads for the entry gate. Other headline news of that date, is Hell froze over, JTA gave up on Mass Transit and surrendered it to the new Jax Transit Authority, and a republican in Washington signed the new Amtrak budget request of 30 Billion dollars a month for rail development in the USA.

Downtown returns to shops, restaurants, parks, offices, concerts, games, Skyways, Streetcars, and happy homeless folks. Dream on...

Bob Mann

Driven1

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:46 PM »
those Baptists just keep spreading

Charleston native

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 09:33:55 AM »
 ??? WTH? Yeah, we Baptists are the scourge of civilization... ::)

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »
god bless 'em all
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
So Ock, what dou you really think about the hospital expansion?  :)