Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2334326 times)

Snaketoz

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10380 on: March 29, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »
The majority of citizens in Jacksonville don't want anything that takes tax money to build or maintain.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10381 on: March 29, 2021, 07:24:46 PM »
The majority of citizens in Jacksonville don't want anything that takes tax money to build or maintain.

Yes and No. While I think it goes without arguing most Jacksonvilians prefer low taxes, it's also plain as day to see how piss poorly our tax dollars are currently being used. There's a nice big yard downtown as a constant reminder.

Snaketoz

« Reply #10382 on: March 30, 2021, 05:55:01 PM »
We have few people who want to improve our city, (if they have to pay for it) and too many boo birds.

landfall

« Reply #10383 on: March 30, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
Has anyone heard about a state of the franchise happening this year?

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #10384 on: March 30, 2021, 07:15:52 PM »
Has anyone heard about a state of the franchise happening this year?

Those generally occur in late April

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10385 on: March 30, 2021, 07:49:12 PM »
I think they skip it this year.

It's too hard to spin the disadvantaged small market angle when last year was such an outlier in terms of attendance, revenues, etc. and the Jags were one of the few teams allowing fans in their stadium.

Skipping it is also a convenient excuse to not advertise the fact that - even with a pandemic, loss of ticket sales, and no London games - Shad Khan will be getting close to a $200 million annual raise from the new television and data rights deals and is easily looking at the most profitable year in his tenure as Jags owner in 2021.

Pretty silly to think that, even if half that money found its way into the cap (which it won't immediately), the 50-year breadbox loan that sunk Lot J could have been covered by Khan with found television revenue from just a handful of 2021 home games.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10386 on: April 29, 2021, 02:59:42 PM »
Former Heisman winner, two-time national champion and first-round pick Tim Tebow recently participated in a private workout for the Jacksonville Jaguars in an attempt to return to the NFL, multiple league insiders report. Tebow, who last played in 2015 for the Philadelphia Eagles, announced his retirement from minor league baseball in the New York Mets system earlier this year to focus on his television analyst and philanthropic duties.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Tebow requested a try-out with the Jaguars and worked out at the tight end position. Tebow played quarterback at Florida under new Jaguars coach Urban Meyer and also played the position in the NFL for multiple teams.

https://247sports.com/Article/Tim-Tebow-Jacksonville-Jaguars-workout-tight-end-Urban-Meyer-Florida-Gators-2021-NFL-Draft--164817617/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10387 on: April 29, 2021, 09:29:43 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen…

We got him!

So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

blizz01

« Reply #10388 on: April 29, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »
Love that they took all the time off of the clock too.  They couldn't cut away this time!

MusicMan

« Reply #10389 on: April 30, 2021, 08:53:56 AM »
Not terribly excited about Travis Etienne as the #25 overall pick.  We drafted Fournette #4 correct and he's no longer with the team.
Our best player from last years draft was an undrafted free agent running back.  This is a head scratcher. 

Note: Etienne considered a first round talent, just not sure he was our biggest need.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 09:11:42 AM by MusicMan »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10390 on: April 30, 2021, 09:30:40 AM »
I'm not going to lie, I was hoping Etienne would slip to the second round so the Dolphins could have drafted him today. He should make for a pretty good tandem in the Jags backfield though. I look forward to seeing how things play out at TIAA Bank Field.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Chuckabear

« Reply #10391 on: April 30, 2021, 09:35:24 AM »
Not terribly excited about Travis Etienne as the #25 overall pick.  We drafted Fournette #4 correct and he's no longer with the team.
Our best player from last years draft was an undrafted free agent running back.  This is a head scratcher. 

Note: Etienne considered a first round talent, just not sure he was our biggest need.

Agreed, the value wasn't their at 25 for what amounts to a luxury pick. The team was 1 - 15 and has holes all over the place. For those comparing him to Kamara.. well Kamara was a 3rd round pick.

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #10392 on: April 30, 2021, 12:38:58 PM »
One thing that makes me feel better about having taken Etienne that early, most of the rest of the round was all reaches.  If we want Moehrig or Freiermuth or Ojulari, they're all still there at #33.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

MusicMan

« Reply #10393 on: April 30, 2021, 03:37:07 PM »
And the DT from Alabama whose name I can't recall...................

Christian Barmore
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 06:26:07 PM by MusicMan »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10394 on: April 30, 2021, 05:18:53 PM »
Happy with the draft so far…   8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."