Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1948576 times)

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10185 on: September 17, 2020, 11:00:25 AM »
This is where it starts, isn't it? Asking for half a billion or more in renovations, pitting the public against itself to pad Khan's pockets with Lot J and the Shipyards.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10186 on: September 17, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Package up a deal inclusive of stadium improvements and Lot J/Met Park incentives, tie it to a lease extension and guaranteed number of home games in Jacksonville, and let the public vote on it.

The timing will be interesting when the stadium discussions do come up.

I feel like the public's support of any agreement will be pretty heavily influenced by their current feelings toward the Jags.

The Jags could probably have pushed a much more favorable deal through in 2017/2018 when we had 20,000 new season ticket holders, Super Bowl aspirations, and a roster full of stars, versus this offseason, for example, when it felt like we were going full tank mode and when there's far less overall goodwill toward the team.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10187 on: September 17, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »
P.S. Bold Events is apparently starting a drive in concert series in Lot J.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10188 on: September 17, 2020, 03:05:49 PM »
Package up a deal inclusive of stadium improvements and Lot J/Met Park incentives, tie it to a lease extension and guaranteed number of home games in Jacksonville, and let the public vote on it.

The timing will be interesting when the stadium discussions do come up.

But you see, that's a reasonable decision that takes public opinion into account and makes even the smallest attempt to ensure a deal favorable for taxpayers.

So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10190 on: September 20, 2020, 09:15:02 AM »
Norvell being there or not will be irrelevant on Saturday. Miami will have its way with FSU.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

tufsu1

« Reply #10191 on: September 20, 2020, 11:56:44 AM »
Norvell being there or not will be irrelevant on Saturday. Miami will have its way with FSU.

not if they don't play the game ;)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10192 on: September 24, 2020, 06:12:31 PM »
Game day and silence??  C'mon people... anyone going?  Staying home?  What is your game day food?  Wings?  Brats an burgers?  Minshew mustache or Fitzpatrick beard?

This stuff is important...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10193 on: September 24, 2020, 06:25:31 PM »
Chark and Lambo out... tough to win with point producers out...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10194 on: September 24, 2020, 06:53:48 PM »
Should be a fun game, even with the injuries.

Much hotter ticket than the opener.

Was thinking about going, but even this morning, nosebleeds were $100 a pop.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10195 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:19 PM »
I haven't seen a shot of the iconic Lennys lawn yet... ::)

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #10196 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:31 PM »
Game day and silence??  C'mon people... anyone going?  Staying home?  What is your game day food?  Wings?  Brats an burgers?  Minshew mustache or Fitzpatrick beard?

Burgers, grilled asparagus, and the game on while working on an article. Plus Robinson is on my fantasy team. Life is good.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10197 on: September 24, 2020, 09:50:20 PM »

Burgers, grilled asparagus, and the game on while working on an article. Plus Robinson is on my fantasy team. Life is good.
Grilled asparagus... good stuff

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10198 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:32 PM »
In Central Florida. Enjoyed watching my fish manhandle the Jags at the bar!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10199 on: September 25, 2020, 06:48:30 AM »
Yeah.... manhandle is the right word...ugh.