Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1527433 times)

Wacca Pilatka

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9990 on: March 16, 2019, 04:17:37 PM »
Jags with a few budget free agent signings yesterday and today.

Chris Conley, WR from Kansas City
Geoff Swaim, TE from Dallas
Cedric Ogbuehi, backup T from Cincinnati
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:12:38 PM by Wacca Pilatka »
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

pierre

« Reply #9991 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:08 AM »
They also added Jake Ryan, linebacker from Green Bay.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #9992 on: March 18, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
Poor Patriots.  ONLY 12 draft picks this year. With 3 in the first 2 rounds.  Belichik and company kicking everyone's ass on and off the field.

And 3 3rd rounders.(with 3 3rds next year, too).At this point the chess/checkers comparison doesn't even come close to describing it. It pretty much defies logic.

Fun fact. if you use the NonBrady year of 2008 (11-5 yet miss playoffs.too funny) as the 'downturn', this run coincides almost perfectly with the longest bull market in stock market history. The decade of Matt!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9993 on: March 18, 2019, 03:05:36 PM »
They also added Jake Ryan, linebacker from Green Bay.

Good linebacker... great against the run... so so in pass coverage...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #9994 on: March 18, 2019, 09:13:26 PM »
If Blake cared 1/10th as much at trying to improve at his craft as much as some fans cared about him, he would probably be a pretty good QB. I have not been shy about wanting him gone for three years so good riddance.Sorry, but have no respect for poor work ethic/dedication no matter the vocation/income.
I wish him nothing but the best in what I expect will be a very lucrative career holding a clipboard. He could not have had a better mentor in Henne.

I don't love the Foles transaction but I am  happy that the Jags have a professional football player at QB.

Hopefully this will help with tickets as I get the sense things have not been looking good, at least in the premium section.
The LA Rams have signed Bortles.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #9995 on: March 21, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »

That's my back up quarterback. Too soon?

There's actually some good news as the Rams signed him for a million instead of the league minimum (not sure why) so the Jags get a an extra 200k in cap room! Woo hoo! Maybe they can give it to the towel guy so he gets more respect in the locker room.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #9996 on: April 11, 2019, 04:13:30 PM »
Fournette arrested(really?) for an unpaid ticket. My best guess:he was speeding because he was late to a Mensa meeting.

Snaketoz

« Reply #9997 on: April 12, 2019, 09:57:08 AM »
I wonder what this will do to Fournette's future with the Jaguars?

pierre

« Reply #9998 on: April 12, 2019, 10:12:05 AM »

I don't think it changes that much, to be honest. His future is not here. I would not be surprised by them drafting a back in the third round to take over for Fournette after this year.

Lostwave

« Reply #9999 on: April 12, 2019, 10:21:06 AM »
State of the Franchise is next Thursday 4/18

Snaketoz

« Reply #10000 on: April 12, 2019, 02:31:08 PM »

I don't think it changes that much, to be honest. His future is not here. I would not be surprised by them drafting a back in the third round to take over for Fournette after this year.
I tend to agree with you.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10001 on: April 17, 2019, 03:37:32 PM »
Not surprising, but Jags home opener is allegedly the Chiefs. What a waste (strictly from a ticket selling point of view)...just like last year.

pierre

« Reply #10002 on: April 17, 2019, 05:16:14 PM »
Nice to open at home though (assuming it's true)

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #10004 on: April 18, 2019, 10:42:29 AM »
Not surprising, but Jags home opener is allegedly the Chiefs. What a waste (strictly from a ticket selling point of view)...just like last year.

Overall though, not too bad of a ticket schedule:

- Likely only 1 brutal hot game, the opener. The next home game is at night (humid, but tolerable), then October 13th which should be a little cooler.
 - The next home games are Tennessee (shouldn't be a problem to sell tickets for), New Orleans (good), NY Jets (good)
 - Though a division game, the team struggles with attendance against Houston so I'm fine exporting that one.
 - The oddity is that there are no home games in November at all
 - Three December home games: Attendance will be dependent on competitiveness at this point.