Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1468315 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9045 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
Excuse my while I just kick my feet up and sip a cup of cocoa (yes, light up a cigar would be a better image but I don't smoke) as the Pats just won a ho hum  game against the Steelers (for a day, I Looooove the NFL catch rule) and the Jags are in the playoffs. Today was a good day.

Edit: and the Titans just lost. Ba ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:33:30 PM by sanmarcomatt »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9046 on: December 17, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »

Congrats to the Dolphins for winning their Superbowl.
Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

There's one. heh heh heh. I guess the Dolphins had a  Super Bowl hangover.

remc86007

« Reply #9047 on: December 17, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
I'm so excited. What has happened to Bortles?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9048 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
In light of recent QB developments combined with dream schedule, the Jags making the playoffs is a Stone Cold Lock. Yes, I said it. The Jags are in. Guaranteed.

Since it is now official I will post this once again.

Snaketoz

« Reply #9049 on: December 18, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »
I'm happy for Bortles and the Jags.  Wouldn't it be great to win out?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9050 on: December 18, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
How is attendance? Not surprising, it seems the boycott talk has stopped since the team is finally winning.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

« Reply #9051 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
Kahn said yesterday they were selling standing room only tickets.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9052 on: December 18, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
How is attendance? Not surprising, it seems the boycott talk has stopped since the team is finally winning.

I think the last 2 games were considered sellouts(or close)...due to Seahawk fans for last week and band wagon fans this week :)

The difference in the crowd this week was dramatic as it was pretty full and almost all Jag fans. Best crowd since I don't even know when....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:41:36 AM by sanmarcomatt »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9053 on: December 18, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »

Seems about a third of the crowd prefer standing to sitting in the seats as there were plenty of open/unused seats from what I saw...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #9054 on: December 18, 2017, 09:52:03 AM »

Seems about a third of the crowd prefer standing to sitting in the seats as there were plenty of open/unused seats from what I saw...

That always happens. Some people prefer hanging in the Bud Zone to watching the game (and some club seat owners prefer sitting inside the club). But, for the standing room tickets, there's no way that the number of tickets sold exceeded the number of seats remaining. Standing room tix must have been on top of that, perhaps to give a cheaper option for people who didn't want to be in the nosebleeds.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #9055 on: December 18, 2017, 09:54:15 AM »

I think the last 2 games were considered sellouts(or close)...due to Seahawk fans for last week and band wagon fans this week :)

The difference in the crowd this week was dramatic as it was pretty full and almost all Jag fans. Best crowd since I don't even know when....

64,701 this game, up even over last week's 64,431, and several thousand higher than any other game this season. TV ratings are also up, which is rare in the NFL. Looks like winning has tempered peoples' displeasure over the kneeling controversy, or at least attracted more fans than were lost.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

remc86007

« Reply #9056 on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:12 AM »
^For whatever it's worth, wiki lists Everbank's capacity at 64,428.

dp8541

« Reply #9057 on: December 18, 2017, 11:09:33 AM »
They change the stadium capacity at the beginning of the season based on the season ticket and to an extent single game ticket sales.  NFL has rules where you cannot change the seating capacity during the season (I think it has to do with blackout rules).  This is why we have tarps over a few sections in the upper deck still. 

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9058 on: December 18, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
I think the capacity can change for the playoffs so the Tarps may actually come off for a playoff game.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9059 on: December 18, 2017, 01:38:52 PM »
I did something yesterday that has been unheard of:  I sold my 5 tickets to the game and didn't lose money!!!!

In past years I couldn't even give them away.

Playoffs are going to be incredible.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams