Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1405086 times)

Adam White

• Facebook
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9075 on: December 14, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »
Yeah, all you Jags fans can thank my lowly Fins for showing New England who's their daddy last night.

Congrats to the Dolphins for winning their Superbowl.
Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

The Dolphins already won "their" Super Bowl(s). In the 70s, sadly. But how many have the Jaguars won (or even been to)?

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9076 on: December 16, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »
Yeah, all you Jags fans can thank my lowly Fins for showing New England who's their daddy last night.

Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

The Dolphins already won "their" Super Bowl(s). In the 70s, sadly. But how many have the Jaguars won (or even been to)?

Well, I think it would be reasonable to compare the two teams performance since the Jags have been in existence.

Super bowls for both: 0

Playoff record: Miami 3-8 With 0 AFC Championship games, Jags 5-6 with 2 AFC Championship game appearances. Miami has no road wins and Jags have 3.

Oh, and in their one playoff match up,  it was Jags 62-7.

On the bright side, I think some of the '72 clowns are still alive so they can do their annual toast once every team has lost.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:40:02 AM by sanmarcomatt »

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9077 on: December 16, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »

Well, I think it would be reasonable to compare the two teams performance since the Jags have been in existence.

Playoff record: Miami 3-8 With 0 AFC Championship games, Jags 5-6 with 2 AFC Championship game appearances. Miami has no road wins and Jags have 3.

On the bright side, I think some of the '72 clowns are still alive so they can do their annual toast once every team has lost.

If you're just going to compare the records of the two teams since the Jaguars have been in the league, why don't we compare the future teams? Space Dolphins vs London Jaguars.

Super Bowls: Space Dolphins 3, London Jags 0.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9078 on: December 16, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »

If you're just going to compare the records of the two teams since the Jaguars have been in the league, why don't we compare the future teams? Space Dolphins vs London Jaguars.

Super Bowls: Space Dolphins 3, London Jags 0.

I hope your account was hacked.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9079 on: December 17, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »
How bout dem Jags!! So who's coming to MSP with me?  ;D

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9080 on: December 17, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »
Playoffs

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9081 on: December 17, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
Excuse my while I just kick my feet up and sip a cup of cocoa (yes, light up a cigar would be a better image but I don't smoke) as the Pats just won a ho hum  game against the Steelers (for a day, I Looooove the NFL catch rule) and the Jags are in the playoffs. Today was a good day.

Edit: and the Titans just lost. Ba ha ha ha.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 07:33:30 PM by sanmarcomatt »

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9082 on: December 17, 2017, 07:31:13 PM »

There's one. heh heh heh. I guess the Dolphins had a  Super Bowl hangover.

remc86007

« Reply #9083 on: December 17, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
I'm so excited. What has happened to Bortles?

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9084 on: December 17, 2017, 08:18:20 PM »
In light of recent QB developments combined with dream schedule, the Jags making the playoffs is a Stone Cold Lock. Yes, I said it. The Jags are in. Guaranteed.

Since it is now official I will post this once again.

Snaketoz

« Reply #9085 on: December 18, 2017, 07:01:54 AM »
I'm happy for Bortles and the Jags.  Wouldn't it be great to win out?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9086 on: December 18, 2017, 08:17:25 AM »
How is attendance? Not surprising, it seems the boycott talk has stopped since the team is finally winning.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

remc86007

« Reply #9087 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
Kahn said yesterday they were selling standing room only tickets.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9088 on: December 18, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »
How is attendance? Not surprising, it seems the boycott talk has stopped since the team is finally winning.

I think the last 2 games were considered sellouts(or close)...due to Seahawk fans for last week and band wagon fans this week :)

The difference in the crowd this week was dramatic as it was pretty full and almost all Jag fans. Best crowd since I don't even know when....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:41:36 AM by sanmarcomatt »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9089 on: December 18, 2017, 09:23:32 AM »
Kahn said yesterday they were selling standing room only tickets.

Seems about a third of the crowd prefer standing to sitting in the seats as there were plenty of open/unused seats from what I saw...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."