Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1437305 times)

JaxAvondale

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9060 on: December 11, 2017, 11:45:07 PM »
Thanks - watching tonight's game, I was wondering who would have a tiebreaker between us and the Pats.

The Jags would own the tiebreaker.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9061 on: December 11, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »
I guess we're all Steelers fans next week.

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9062 on: December 12, 2017, 09:38:23 AM »

All? Not quite but if my consolation prize might result in attending a Pats/Jags Divisional at Everbank, I think I can deal with that.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9063 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:35 AM »
LOL, well you are an outlier SMM. Not sure how you can live with yourself  :P

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9064 on: December 12, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »
LOL, well you are an outlier SMM. Not sure how you can live with yourself  :P

It is difficult. However, knowing I am beloved by so many MJ posters makes it easier.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #9065 on: December 12, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »

Go Steelers lol!

Yep, if the Patriots lose then they'd have 3 losses in the conference (KC, Miami, Pittsburgh) to the Jaguars 2 (TEN, NYJ).

If NE wins, then you have to assume regardless of what happens that NE will be the 1, and PIT will be the 2. After the NE/PIT game, both of those teams play trash for their last two opponents so you have to assume they'll win the rest.

Regardless of all of this......the Jags have to win out in order for it to matter. If they win this week then they're assured of a playoff berth but I'd want the division and the home game.

The other potential scenario - the Jags win this week (HOU) and next week (@SF), then the Titans win this week (@SF) and LOSE next week (LAR). If that happens, then look for Chad Henne to start New Years Eve as the Jags (assuming NE beats PIT) may be locked into the #3 seed no matter what.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:59:48 PM by Steve »

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #9066 on: December 12, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
Yeah, all you Jags fans can thank my lowly Fins for showing New England who's their daddy last night.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9067 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »
Yeah, all you Jags fans can thank my lowly Fins for showing New England who's their daddy last night.

Congrats to the Dolphins for winning their Superbowl.
Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9068 on: December 14, 2017, 10:03:04 AM »
Stat of the year:

Telvin missing time due to concussion is the only defensive starter to miss a game for the Jags. That is unreal. I don't even think the top back up/rotation guys have missed any time. I think the Pats have been scouting neighborhood pick up games for anyone with a pulse.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9069 on: December 14, 2017, 10:09:20 AM »

Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

The Dolphins already won "their" Super Bowl(s). In the 70s, sadly. But how many have the Jaguars won (or even been to)?

“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9070 on: December 16, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »

The Dolphins already won "their" Super Bowl(s). In the 70s, sadly. But how many have the Jaguars won (or even been to)?

Well, I think it would be reasonable to compare the two teams performance since the Jags have been in existence.

Super bowls for both: 0

Playoff record: Miami 3-8 With 0 AFC Championship games, Jags 5-6 with 2 AFC Championship game appearances. Miami has no road wins and Jags have 3.

Oh, and in their one playoff match up,  it was Jags 62-7.

On the bright side, I think some of the '72 clowns are still alive so they can do their annual toast once every team has lost.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:40:02 AM by sanmarcomatt »

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #9071 on: December 16, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »

Well, I think it would be reasonable to compare the two teams performance since the Jags have been in existence.

Playoff record: Miami 3-8 With 0 AFC Championship games, Jags 5-6 with 2 AFC Championship game appearances. Miami has no road wins and Jags have 3.

On the bright side, I think some of the '72 clowns are still alive so they can do their annual toast once every team has lost.

If you're just going to compare the records of the two teams since the Jaguars have been in the league, why don't we compare the future teams? Space Dolphins vs London Jaguars.

Super Bowls: Space Dolphins 3, London Jags 0.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9072 on: December 16, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »

If you're just going to compare the records of the two teams since the Jaguars have been in the league, why don't we compare the future teams? Space Dolphins vs London Jaguars.

Super Bowls: Space Dolphins 3, London Jags 0.

I hope your account was hacked.

ProjectMaximus

« Reply #9073 on: December 17, 2017, 04:32:10 PM »
How bout dem Jags!! So who's coming to MSP with me?  ;D

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9074 on: December 17, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »
Playoffs