Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1466436 times)

ProjectMaximus

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #9090 on: December 29, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
nah i bet they bought all those tix so they can burn em.

They gonna need to burn their phone, I think all tickets for the playoff is mobile.

touche

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9091 on: December 29, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
nah i bet they bought all those tix so they can burn em.

They gonna need to burn their phone, I think all tickets for the playoff is mobile.

I noticed that too.

I wonder if that's to put a damper on the resale market?
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9092 on: December 29, 2017, 07:44:14 PM »
^Not bad for a bunch of flag-hating turncoats.
Well, if it wasn't for the kneeling I think they would have sold out in 5 minutes instead of 6.The impact continues to be dramatic.

I think the "kneeling " ended quite a while ago... each respective side has made their points and moved on...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 07:47:07 PM by BridgeTroll »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sanmarcomatt

• Mayor of The Coffee District
« Reply #9093 on: December 30, 2017, 08:08:04 AM »
Well, if it wasn't for the kneeling I think they would have sold out in 5 minutes instead of 6.The impact continues to be dramatic.

I think the "kneeling " ended quite a while ago... each respective side has made their points and moved on...

I think the Bumpus hounds may have gotten away with your sarcasm detector

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #9094 on: December 30, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »

They have taken it so many

Nope... just needed new batteries...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #9095 on: December 31, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »
Watching our offense today is once again painful. 

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #9096 on: December 31, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »
Having Cam Robinson out killed the offense today...Wells was repeatedly beaten off the edge and Bortles couldn't step into throws.  It's ok to have Wells as your LT against the Colts, but not against a good pass rushing team like Tennessee.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Keith-N-Jax

• Around the World
« Reply #9097 on: December 31, 2017, 09:30:46 PM »
They’ll be ok, Should be able to beat Buffalo and hopefully we get some players back

JaxAvondale

« Reply #9098 on: December 31, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
Having Cam Robinson out killed the offense today...Wells was repeatedly beaten off the edge and Bortles couldn't step into throws.  It's ok to have Wells as your LT against the Colts, but not against a good pass rushing team like Tennessee.

Cam being out definitely hurts the offense. Next week, Lee & Turns being back should help Bortles on the short and intermediate routes which will leave the longer routes for Westbrook & Cole without much blocking responsibilities.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9099 on: January 01, 2018, 11:13:31 AM »

Congrats to the Dolphins for winning their Superbowl.
Now, can they lay down for the Bills (twice)? I would love for the Bills to be the WC opponent for either the Pats or Jags.

There's one. heh heh heh. I guess the Dolphins had a  Super Bowl hangover.

and there's two! Thank you Dolphins!!!!And you broke McCoy too. Nice bonus.
I got my dream WC opponent.

Oh, and Miami, those Superbowl wins in the early 70's are still very impressive.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9100 on: January 01, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »
I am seeing some crazy ticket resale prices for Jags/Bills.

I told you about the 5 packs and 3 picks......I hope you listened to your brilliant Uncle Sanmarcomatt........

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #9101 on: January 01, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
I did.  And thanks.

Tickets in my section are now starting at about $900 ea.  I paid $280 for both.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9102 on: January 01, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
I did.  And thanks.

Tickets in my section are now starting at about $900 ea.  I paid $280 for both.

Excellent!

This morning, I read off some re-sales in our section and then glanced at my wife which resulted in a rather emphatic NO. ( I actually wasn't interested in selling either but it was pretty funny)

MusicMan

« Reply #9103 on: January 01, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
Looking back at the game, the biggest difference IMO was the running plays and running ability of Mariota vs Bortles.

Mariota was really effective and Blake was not.  They absolutely must run Blake more, on the read option and designed QB draws.

It slows down the rush and he almost always gets yards. Also would be nice to see him STEP UP into the pocket (to avoid pressure)  as opposed to backing up and getting sacked.  On several plays there was room to run had he done that.

sanmarcomatt

« Reply #9104 on: January 01, 2018, 01:43:47 PM »
Looking back at the game, the biggest difference IMO was the running plays and running ability of Mariota vs Bortles.

Mariota was really effective and Blake was not.  They absolutely must run Blake more, on the read option and designed QB draws.

It slows down the rush and he almost always gets yards. Also would be nice to see him STEP UP into the pocket (to avoid pressure)  as opposed to backing up and getting sacked.  On several plays there was room to run had he done that.

Since I don't think week to week "momentum" exists, I was happy the Jags lost to get the Bills.

Thus, Mickens gets my game ball. Outstanding work.