Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2389738 times)

JaxJersey-licious

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10426 on: August 17, 2021, 10:15:30 AM »
He looked pretty bad out there for what I saw. Pretty hard to learn a new position on the fly and excel at it in the NFL at age 34.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

JaxJersey-licious

« Reply #10427 on: August 17, 2021, 10:37:37 AM »
Was at that game and noticed he was open on a lot of his plays after that awful 1st half he had. My friends felt they should have targeted him more but in retrospect setting himself up for not fighting through tackles or being stripped from behind saved himself from even more scrutiny.

For me that play when he tried to go after a pass intended for another receiver like it was some backyard jump ball then finding himself out of sorts and in poor position to provide a proper downfield block showed a level of poor communication and awareness (and a bit of selfishness) that was so endemic in last year's Jaguars team and I had seen enough.

At least this experience will provide good material for his new book he will most definitely write.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 10:41:04 AM by JaxJersey-licious »

MusicMan

« Reply #10428 on: August 17, 2021, 11:35:26 AM »
Tebow should, absolutely, 100%, try wrestling.   (The fake kind.)

tufsu1

« Reply #10429 on: August 17, 2021, 01:38:43 PM »
He looked pretty bad out there for what I saw. Pretty hard to learn a new position on the fly and excel at it in the NFL at age 34.

pretty bad?

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #10430 on: August 17, 2021, 02:42:58 PM »

For me that play when he tried to go after a pass intended for another receiver like it was some backyard jump ball then finding himself out of sorts and in poor position to provide a proper downfield block showed a level of poor communication and awareness (and a bit of selfishness) that was so endemic in last year's Jaguars team and I had seen enough.

The guy who autographed Bibles (for a price), allowed his family to conduct a "Just draft him!" campaign with a none-too-subtly implied threat to organize a boycott of the Jaguars that could cause them to move, focused on developing his "brand" through a minor league baseball stunt, and made speeches about being the hardest worker ever made a selfish play on the field?

Knock me over with a feather!

I'm theoretically supposed to root for this guy due to my faith, but never, ever have and am thankful he won't ever be representing my city in the NFL.  Considering I used to call him He Who Shall Not Be Named on this forum, I guess that's not a revelation.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 02:45:14 PM by Wacca Pilatka »
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

MusicMan

« Reply #10431 on: August 17, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »
I wasn't kidding about the wrestling  (aka...'wrasslin').  He would be the perfect Bad GUY  (Tim the Ripper?) in Tony Khan's scheme to bamboozle folks out of their hard earned $$.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10432 on: August 17, 2021, 03:01:46 PM »
I wasn't kidding about the wrestling  (aka...'wrasslin').  He would be the perfect Bad GUY  (Tim the Ripper?) in Tony Khan's scheme to bamboozle folks out of their hard earned $$.

Given his "brand" wouldn't Avenging Angel or something?

Wacca Pilatka

« Reply #10433 on: August 17, 2021, 03:09:16 PM »
^ It's really a pretty logical idea, MusicMan, especially with AEW set up in town.

I suspect Urban brought him in to begin with as a favor to help him eventually establish himself as a coach.  Probably more a life coach type than a position coach.  Jack Easterby 2.0
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

MusicMan

« Reply #10434 on: August 17, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »
Does Tony Khan read this message board? 

You heard it hear first, folks (maybe last, too :o).  Tim "The Avenging Angel" Tebow...............AEW here he comes.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:59:25 PM by MusicMan »

MusicMan

« Reply #10435 on: August 23, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »
Jags looking like fresh baked caca so far.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10436 on: August 23, 2021, 09:12:32 PM »
O line is awful... d line and backers seem ok... secondary has issues... Trevor will not last the year... gonna get killed..
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #10437 on: August 23, 2021, 09:33:03 PM »
Urban may not last the year....ulcers

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10438 on: August 23, 2021, 09:46:49 PM »
O line is awful... d line and backers seem ok... secondary has issues... Trevor will not last the year... gonna get killed..

This was a given. It will take them a while to get it together. Going 8-8 in the 2022 season would be an improvement.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

« Reply #10439 on: August 23, 2021, 09:53:12 PM »
Playing like shit is not a given. The organization is spending millions upon millions to field a team with basic competence. Stop apologizing for them.

OK  New Orleans is actually a badass team.  Can we play a crappy team please?   Evenly matched....?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 10:02:23 PM by MusicMan »