Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1732922 times)

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10380 on: December 30, 2019, 06:10:59 PM »
Marrone has been fired is still on Channel 12 website.

Old news.

Debunked.

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10381 on: December 30, 2019, 06:11:42 PM »
I've got a simple proposal for next year. JAGS: PUT ALL YOUR RESOURCES INTO FIXING THE OFFENSE. 

Do you think we have a 'franchise' guy with Minshew?
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

Charles Hunter

« Reply #10382 on: December 30, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »

Old news.

Debunked.

Just guessing, but I think the point being made is that First Coast News is behind the news cycle. amiright, Snaketoz?

Snaketoz

« Reply #10383 on: December 30, 2019, 07:45:34 PM »

Old news.

Debunked.

Just guessing, but I think the point being made is that First Coast News is behind the news cycle. amiright, Snaketoz?
You are correct sir!  They left the same headline, but inserted a small update in the original story.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10384 on: December 31, 2019, 08:15:51 AM »
I've got a simple proposal for next year. JAGS: PUT ALL YOUR RESOURCES INTO FIXING THE OFFENSE. 

Do you think we have a 'franchise' guy with Minshew?
No... Not even close
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Snaketoz

« Reply #10385 on: December 31, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »
Marrone will be returning...

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10386 on: December 31, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »
Great news! No extensions.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10387 on: December 31, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »
Disclaimer: if you have no interest in having more money, stop reading.
For returning season ticket holders, a piece of advice from a rather successful capitalist pig. Do not renew at your initial invoice. Be patient and then ask to speak to someone up the ticket food chain.
Last year, when we indicated we were not renewing, we were offered pretty impressive discounts and perks up the wazoo. Thank goodness, we still didn’t renew. I cannot speak for non premium tickets, but if you renewed last year without negotiating, you are either not smart or like to be charitable to billionaires. This off season should be even better for opportunities.

I understand people wanting to renew, but why anyone would  give this clown show of an organization free money is beyond my comprehension.

MusicMan

« Reply #10388 on: December 31, 2019, 10:45:50 AM »
I'm not sure about Minshew. It would depend on who else is available. But I think we could fix the offense given our draft choices , free agents, and coaching/coordinator upgrades.  But I don't think we can remotely come close to fixing both sides of the ball, so to speak. So FOCUS on offense.  Now that it looks like Caldwell is coming back, we are gonna need 'divine intervention' to make any progress.  Now I could be wrong, and I'm OK with that. I'm NOT OK with a $2.1 Billion franchise where absolutely no progress has been made in 13 seasons.

Quick question, what is the net operating income for the Jags for 2019? Anybody know?

JPalmer

« Reply #10389 on: December 31, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »
Last night on the radio Pete Prisco suggested this could be Shad making Caldwell and Marrone live with their own mistakes for one more season. 

Since Foles and his ridiculous salary are going to prohibit major rosters upgrades elsewhere (Free Agency), might as well let these bozos tend to this mess a little while longer.  Sure seems like Shad wants to tank the season and let a new regime start fresh without the anchor.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #10390 on: December 31, 2019, 12:10:29 PM »
With a possible lockout on the horizon, this seems like the best move from a business standpoint.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10391 on: December 31, 2019, 03:12:10 PM »
Impressive statement from Con. After losing double digit games 7 out of 8 years, “accountability will be paramount”.

I hope they raise ticket prices again. That would be great.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10392 on: December 31, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
For returning season ticket holders, a piece of advice from a rather successful capitalist pig. Do not renew at your initial invoice. Be patient and then ask to speak to someone up the ticket food chain.
Last year, when we indicated we were not renewing, we were offered pretty impressive discounts and perks up the wazoo. Thank goodness, we still didn’t renew. I cannot speak for non premium tickets, but if you renewed last year without negotiating, you are either not smart or like to be charitable to billionaires. This off season should be even better for opportunities.
Thanks.  I'll report back with what they offer us peasants.
I understand people wanting to renew, but why anyone would  give this clown show of an organization free money is beyond my comprehension.
YOLO!

-Douglas Adams

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10393 on: December 31, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure they're putting a lot of the dysfunction on Coughlin (based on what I've read, I'm not arguing that) and by keeping Doug and DC, they essentially doubled down on Minshew.  Foles was TC's guy - Marrone wanted to keep The Stache in (per reports).

I think Gardner absolutely has the potential to be a franchise guy.  He has a swagger about him and it was noticeable that he elevated the team when he was on the field, not to mention that it was painfully obvious that he was the better QB on the field for the Jaguars this year.

Forget about where he was picked in the draft.  He's still a rookie and he led the entire rookie class in basically every statistic that matters.  Two of those rookies, Murray & Daniel, were 1st round picks and picked to be 'franchise' players.

-Douglas Adams

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #10394 on: December 31, 2019, 04:17:02 PM »
Thanks.  I'll report back with what they offer us peasants.
YOLO!

If peasants can afford boat club memberships then Trump is making America great again!