Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2252048 times)

JPalmer

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10365 on: March 22, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »
Because he was released by the team last year.  What are they supposed to get for a guy who played for another team last season.

MusicMan

« Reply #10366 on: March 22, 2021, 06:34:22 PM »
Uh.... OK.  How is it he's the #4 overall pick, and no other team would even give you a late round draft choice for him, Prior to releasing him.  One would think the Jags could have gotten a late round pick for him.

I know he was released. He's another in a long line of complete failures of their top over all pick.

Chuckabear

« Reply #10367 on: March 22, 2021, 07:44:17 PM »
Uh.... OK.  How is it he's the #4 overall pick, and no other team would even give you a late round draft choice for him, Prior to releasing him.  One would think the Jags could have gotten a late round pick for him.

I know he was released. He's another in a long line of complete failures of their top over all pick.

Other teams knew he was way over drafted by a front office led by Coughlin who never adapted to the changing NFL landscape. No team in their right mind would trade even a late round draft pick for a one trick pony running back who was in a grievance dispute with the Jags over guaranteed money. 

MusicMan

« Reply #10368 on: March 22, 2021, 07:59:07 PM »
I hear that but he played well in the Super Bowl.....  Just can't believe they could get NOTHING for him

Chuckabear

« Reply #10369 on: March 22, 2021, 08:09:05 PM »
I hear that but he played well in the Super Bowl.....  Just can't believe they could get NOTHING for him

I hear you, seems like they could have just not released him and had him split carries since the cap wasn't really an issue after the fire sale and tried to get a 5th or 6th round pick in season.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10370 on: March 23, 2021, 06:24:19 AM »
He was locker room poison... he wanted out and would have tainted the whole bunch... buh...bye...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #10371 on: March 23, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »
This thread is almost 10 years old. Maybe with the beginning of the Trevor ERA, we should start a new thread.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 01:55:59 PM by MusicMan »

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #10372 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:45 PM »
This thread is almost 10 years old. Maybe with the beginning of the Trevor ERA, we should start a new thread.

And lose all of my great Gene Smith takes?  No sir. 

Thread stays. 

How's everyone been BTW?   ;D
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams

blizz01

« Reply #10373 on: March 23, 2021, 11:40:17 PM »
Haha - And, read over 2 million times. Probably me peeking incessantly through the years...

MusicMan

« Reply #10374 on: March 24, 2021, 04:13:53 PM »
You're right. Now that the Jags have signed CJ Beathard it should run for 10 more years!

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10375 on: March 24, 2021, 06:57:03 PM »
As long as we don't go back to this thread  ;D

https://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/index.php?topic=6178.0

edjax

« Reply #10376 on: March 26, 2021, 06:51:01 PM »
Just curios.   Anyone know what season ticket prices were for west club seats in 2020?

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #10377 on: March 28, 2021, 09:56:34 PM »
Spent some time this weekend with Jacksonville boaters berthed at Metro Park right there in the shadow of the Stadium..... a decidedly busted compromised declining waterfront facility.......the consensus was .... The NFL Jug Jacksonville can simply Leave!!
Fascinating “ Little” focus group.

landfall

« Reply #10378 on: March 29, 2021, 05:21:59 AM »
Spent some time this weekend with Jacksonville boaters berthed at Metro Park right there in the shadow of the Stadium..... a decidedly busted compromised declining waterfront facility.......the consensus was .... The NFL Jug Jacksonville can simply Leave!!
I was going to say that losing the NFL would put Jacksonville down with the likes Omaha and Birmingham but having been to both of those cities in the last five years they have far more going on than Jacksonville so apologies to any readers looking in from those cities.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #10379 on: March 29, 2021, 10:14:24 AM »

Our complete failure to maintain any resemblance of a usable water-front is perhaps the 8th wonder of the world. If Chernobyl had a river running through it...