Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 2096323 times)

Wacca Pilatka

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10320 on: January 04, 2021, 10:21:48 AM »
Among NFL coordinators, Brian Daboll or Robert Saleh (a former position coach for the Jaguars) would make a lot of sense.
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

jaxlongtimer

MusicMan

« Reply #10322 on: January 04, 2021, 11:44:10 AM »
Since the Jags are a cursed franchise (no one argues that anymore, correct?) I'm gonna pray they can lift the curse by not fucking up the New Coach hire. Please DO NOT HIRE URBAN MEYER. IMO a disaster in the waiting. He's never won a game in the NFL. Everyplace he's been does not want him back. And anyone who watched the Clemson vs Ohio State game has ample proof that Trevor Lawrence cannot win games while lying on this backside. We could just as easily waste this draft pick/class if we don't get the coaching hire right as well.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10323 on: January 04, 2021, 12:26:29 PM »
Saleh is one of the best IMO. Bienemy is another
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

MusicMan

« Reply #10324 on: January 04, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
The Bienemy of my enemy is my friend.

landfall

« Reply #10325 on: January 04, 2021, 02:23:25 PM »
Seemingly Urban Meyer was supposed to have an interview with Colin Cowherd today and has suddenly pulled out.

Also worryingly though Cowherd says his source has said that Shad Khan wants final say in personnel decisions going forward. Thats just exactly what the team needs, Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder lite.....Owners meddling in personnel decisions is asking for trouble.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10326 on: January 04, 2021, 02:39:19 PM »
Sounds like a natural over-correction. People have been yelling for years now that Khan's heart seems to be in AEW and Fulham rather than the Jags, and he's decided that he needs to prove otherwise. It certainly doesn't help when it might seem his past approach has contributed to the possibility of Lot J (only in its current form, not entirely) being scuttled.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Chuckabear

« Reply #10327 on: January 04, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »
Seemingly Urban Meyer was supposed to have an interview with Colin Cowherd today and has suddenly pulled out.

Also worryingly though Cowherd says his source has said that Shad Khan wants final say in personnel decisions going forward. Thats just exactly what the team needs, Jerry Jones/Dan Snyder lite.....Owners meddling in personnel decisions is asking for trouble.

As usual Cowherd is taking a snippet out of context. Khan clarified his remarks that in the end it his responsibility to ensure from the top down, all are on the same page. Jalen, Yannick, and to some extent the Foles disaster can never happen again. He trusted Caldwell in the beginning and it produced nothing, brought in TC to oversee Football operations and that was a worse situation than Caldwell having full control. Post TC he directed Caldwell and Marrone to "fix it" and we went 1 - 15. Khan is doing what he needs to do to rebuild this team.

MusicMan

« Reply #10328 on: January 05, 2021, 04:20:05 PM »
Pretty much every one at 1010XL says Urban Meyer is the odds on favorite to get the job.  I wonder how many other NFL teams are pursuing him.

JaxAvondale

« Reply #10329 on: January 06, 2021, 10:06:47 AM »
Lawrence declares for the draft.

Chuckabear

« Reply #10330 on: January 06, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »
Pretty much every one at 1010XL says Urban Meyer is the odds on favorite to get the job.  I wonder how many other NFL teams are pursuing him.

Rumors have the Chargers interested as Meyer lives part time in LA with his CFB analyst job at Fox Sports Studios

CityLife

« Reply #10331 on: January 06, 2021, 11:17:28 AM »

Rumors have the Chargers interested as Meyer lives part time in LA with his CFB analyst job at Fox Sports Studios
Meyer also has a nice house on the bay in Siesta Key. Easy commute for him in the offseason and I'm sure he prefers that to LA.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10332 on: January 06, 2021, 11:34:03 AM »
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Snaketoz

« Reply #10333 on: January 06, 2021, 07:47:37 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think Meyer would be a bad choice.

Chuckabear

« Reply #10334 on: January 07, 2021, 10:05:50 AM »

Meyer also has a nice house on the bay in Siesta Key. Easy commute for him in the offseason and I'm sure he prefers that to LA.

Agreed, just throwing out the Chargers rumor that has been reported. I honestly don't think even with Herbet and with good coaching the Chargers are a ready made playoff team Meyer wants to play 14th fiddle in the LA market.

His interest in the Jags is that he wants to be the man and build it from scratch.