Author Topic: The Jacksonville Jaguars  (Read 1948559 times)

MusicMan

Re: The Jacksonville Jaguars
« Reply #10155 on: September 03, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »
The Bucs are going to be a force this season.

JPalmer

« Reply #10156 on: September 03, 2020, 02:20:47 PM »
It will all hinge on Brady, if he stays healthy and efficient.  If Blaine Gabbert has to take any snaps and it's all over.

Twitter has pointed out that Former Jags 1st rounder Byron Leftwich is the OC for two former1st round picks Gabbert and Fournette and that Brady was drafted before all of them.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10157 on: September 03, 2020, 06:37:19 PM »
I have heard Tony Khan on a podcast be very cavalier that his father bought a distressed asset from a cash strapped owner.

Pretty crazy how Tony Khan has been on dozens of podcasts and media scrums this year discussing AEW (including a 60-minute media conference yesterday), but we can't get a word out of the Khans on the state of the Jags.

MusicMan

« Reply #10158 on: September 03, 2020, 10:31:58 PM »
The Jags have been a terrific investment for the Khan's, but a poor experience for Jags Fans. Please don't kid yourself that Shad Khan gives a shit about Jacksonville. He don't.

Khan: "It's extremely important that we win on the field and off the field."  They have done neither. 

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #10159 on: September 03, 2020, 10:54:20 PM »
Sometimes I think it's such a shame that the NFL doesn't allow cities to have an ownership structure like Green Bay. I don't know what that'd do about the on-field experience, but off-field it would be nice for the actual local fans (including those surrounding counties) to have a stake in the team, instead of sugar daddy billionaires who take entire cities by the balls. It'd ideally prevent all these threats of running off to London too.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10160 on: September 04, 2020, 07:36:27 AM »
Sometimes I think it's such a shame that the NFL doesn't allow cities to have an ownership structure like Green Bay. I don't know what that'd do about the on-field experience, but off-field it would be nice for the actual local fans (including those surrounding counties) to have a stake in the team, instead of sugar daddy billionaires who take entire cities by the balls. It'd ideally prevent all these threats of running off to London too.
I'm an owner and vote every year for board of directors and various issues...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

JPalmer

« Reply #10161 on: September 04, 2020, 08:22:05 AM »
I have heard Tony Khan on a podcast be very cavalier that his father bought a distressed asset from a cash strapped owner.

Pretty crazy how Tony Khan has been on dozens of podcasts and media scrums this year discussing AEW (including a 60-minute media conference yesterday), but we can't get a word out of the Khans on the state of the Jags.

Yes, this was a podcast in which he was mostly discussing AEW.

JPalmer

« Reply #10162 on: September 04, 2020, 10:59:24 AM »
I mean could they not have partnered with WJCT to have their News Network HQ'd out of Jacksonville. Conveniently located within the vicinity of all their other financial interests, or do they hate the Brutalist architecture ;) too much?

marcuscnelson

« Reply #10163 on: September 04, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »
I mean could they not have partnered with WJCT to have their News Network HQ'd out of Jacksonville. Conveniently located within the vicinity of all their other financial interests, or do they hate the Brutalist architecture ;) too much?

It looks like that’s because the people behind the network besides Khan were working out of Tallahassee with plans to partner with FAMU. The partnership fell apart but they were already invested in Tallahassee, so that’s where they launched.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #10164 on: September 04, 2020, 12:49:20 PM »
..... instead of sugar daddy billionaires who take entire cities by the balls.

To be fair, the cities want to be taken by the balls.  They go out of their way for it.  It's sadly very voluntary.

JPalmer

« Reply #10165 on: September 04, 2020, 12:59:56 PM »
 It looks like that’s because the people behind the network besides Khan were working out of Tallahassee with plans to partner with FAMU. The partnership fell apart but they were already invested in Tallahassee, so that’s where they launched.
[/quote]

Fair enough, certainly nothing against the folks in Tallahassee.

minder

« Reply #10166 on: September 07, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »
2021 is make or break for the team. Two top 10 draft picks quite possibly and the Hart Bridge ramps will be down by then. If theres no improvement on the field by then and theres nothing as much as a shovel in the ground by the end of the year we might as well call it a day.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #10167 on: September 11, 2020, 08:58:54 AM »
Didn't realize that the Jags and Chiefs are the only teams allowing fans into their home openers.

Kind of scary that we're finally starting to get community spread under control here in Jacksonville, and now we're putting 16,000 fans in the stadium, reopening bars, and will soon be opening indoor dining back up to 100% capacity.

Hopefully people act responsibly this time around.

Also, ticket market is very soft at limited capacity, not only for the Jags, but for the Chiefs, who really struggled to get 16,000 into their stadium yesterday.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2-nfl-teams-are-hosting-fans-sunday-including-the-chiefs-yet-tickets-are-plentiful-and-prices-are-falling-185904068.html

Papa33

« Reply #10168 on: September 11, 2020, 09:51:58 AM »
Also, ticket market is very soft at limited capacity, not only for the Jags, but for the Chiefs, who really struggled to get 16,000 into their stadium yesterday.
I'm thinking that this has more to do with Covid19 precaution and anxiety than with apathy, which is a good thing.

marcuscnelson

« Reply #10169 on: September 11, 2020, 10:42:39 AM »
Hopefully people act responsibly this time around.