Author Topic: Park and King After 5 Street Festival  (Read 7311 times)

north miami

Re: Park and King After 5 Street Festival
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
I'm in. Can't wait. 11 days out. Low tide is in the am. This Dist.14 event will be awesome. Councilman Jim Love and I paddled Hogans Creek. Who wants to paddle McCoys creek, Hogans, or under the Hyatt. See the promised 680' Downtown Public Pier. Fishweir Creek is silted in. Weather permitting. Field, your Making it Happen.
[/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:53:45 PM by north miami »

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 07:51:02 AM »
It says "fun for the whole family" but all I'm hearing is mugs and beer. What makes it fun for the kids? It doesn't have to be...it can be just an adult evening, but since I read that, I'm curious.

I second that!  While I believe that families and children are nice, I also believe that a pub crawl should be true to its nature --- a pub crawl.  Am I mistaken in this belief?

This is a different event than the pub crawls.

Come out Friday, check out the neighborhood and have fun.  That's what life is all about.

Jaxson

• Peace of Mind blog
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
It says "fun for the whole family" but all I'm hearing is mugs and beer. What makes it fun for the kids? It doesn't have to be...it can be just an adult evening, but since I read that, I'm curious.

I second that!  While I believe that families and children are nice, I also believe that a pub crawl should be true to its nature --- a pub crawl.  Am I mistaken in this belief?

This is a different event than the pub crawls.

Come out Friday, check out the neighborhood and have fun.  That's what life is all about.

Trust me, I will have fun whether it is 'family friendly' or not.  I have been to both kinds of venues.  I have been to St. Patrick's Day in Savannah when it was at its raging peak of debauchery and I have been to a First Friday block party in Springfield where the children were as thick as the mosquitoes.  Either way, the refreshments and the company were great.  I just hope that folks don't go to Park and King with the assumption that it's something that it is not...
John Louis Meeks, Jr.

ubben

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
Synchronicity: Rogue Bear will be socializing at Park Place. Same night, 9:30-11. More info this gay men's social group on Facebook. Search groups. Woof!

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:02 PM »
5 days away!

Noone

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2011, 03:48:01 AM »
Can't wait. Will we be toasting an amendment to 2011-560?

Jaxson

• Peace of Mind blog
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:20 AM »
5 days away!

Amen.  Now, we are down to four days away!
John Louis Meeks, Jr.

MusicMan

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
My sources are telling me Pele's Fire will set up in front of their soon-to-be location.
I'll be there munching on a pepperoni pizza. See you there.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »
It looks like there's a price war on King Street!  In an effort to capitalize on the bigger crowds on Friday, people are slashing drink prices all down the street.  With your $5 mug, you can get any Bold City Beer for just $2!!!!!  Other locations are also expanding the deal to more beers in order to compete.  No matter what happens, the consumer wins!!!  We are proud to say that the amount of deals available to mug-holders will greatly exceed what we initially imagined.

Come all who hunger and thirst!  We'll show you some of the best Jacksonville has to offer in food and beverage.  I hope to see all of you there.

Lunican

• The Jaxson
    • MetroJacksonville.com
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Where do we pick up the mugs?

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 12:00:55 PM »
Article forthcoming... but you can pick up any presale mugs or buy mugs at our pickup location outside of First Guaranty Bank on the day of the event.  Starting Thursday, you can also purchase mugs at Intuition, Bold City and European Street.

With your $5 mug, you can get any Bold City Beer for just $2!!!!!

BC is really stepping up to the plate.

Non-RedNeck Westsider

• Politically Agnostic
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 12:03:42 PM »
BC is really stepping up to the plate.

Maybe they just want a stop on the next Pub Crawl.   :o

A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-Douglas Adams