Author Topic: Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Northwood Village  (Read 1439 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Northwood Village
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:13:59 AM »
Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Northwood Village

Since 2005, the West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency has targeted this district for revitalization and provided incentives to encourage new businesses to open and existing ones to make improvements.  Today, this historic urban commercial district is home to over 70 unique merchants.  Jacksonville, meet West Palm Beach's Northwood Village.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2011-sep-revitalizing-neighborhoods-northwood-village

tufsu1

Re: Revitalizing Neighborhoods: Northwood Village
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:06:01 AM »
I stopped there on my way out of West Palm Beach last Saturday for lunch...a friend of mine from school and her husband opened the restaurant "Relish" at the corner of Northwood and Dixie Hwy (picture #16 in article)....impressively, hours are from 11a - 10p every day....they've been open for 16 months, business has been growing steadily, and they are very happy with the location.

finehoe

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:36:36 PM »
This is the key take away:

This hasn’t happened by accident but because of a great deal of commitment, investment and work involving a range of public, private and philanthropic partners.

iloveionia

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »
Absolute kudos to West Palm Beach.  Outstanding example of how a city and passionate folk can work together.  Redevelopment agencies are GREAT when the work like this one. 
Thanks Ennis.