Author Topic: Inside The Dr. Horace Drew Residence  (Read 58611 times)

ChriswUfGator

Re: Inside The Dr. Horace Drew Residence
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 10:33:09 AM »
It's in far worse shape than I imagined.

duvaldude08

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »
That house would be amazing if it was restored. Gosh this is a piece of history. Hey guys I have 20.00 on it. Lets raise some money LMAO ROFL
Jaguars 2.0

John P

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »
I attended the estate sale and it has horrible flooding in the basement when it rains. It will need a French drain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_drain

cline

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 11:24:54 AM »
I thought I heard somewhere (maybe on this board) that it suffered flooding due to the drainage issues on Pearl Street or something like that.  This thing would be awesome renovated.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:33:32 AM by cline »

KuroiKetsunoHana

• 黒い血の花
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 11:32:59 AM »
it's beuatiful.
天の下の慈悲はありません。

A-Finnius

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »
Per Zillow it's not currently on the market and it last sold in 1976. It's currently valued at $161,500 but Zillow estimates are alway a little high.  I'm sure it's sitting in an REO file somewhere right now.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/245-W-3rd-St-Jacksonville-FL-32206/44476426_zpid/#{scid=hdp-site-map-bubble-address}

movedsouth

• Preservation SOS
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
One of the problems appears to be that the ownership situation isn't clear. The bank started a foreclosure but wasn't able to complete it due to paper work issues. The loan appears to be one of those were the bank lost some of the paper work. But the bank hasn't given up on it yet. So at this point, there is little chance that someone is able to buy the house at all.

It does have to be properly mothballed and some fixes need to be applied to things like the roof to prevent further deterioration.

downtownjag

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:06 PM »
Nope, not an REO property.  It's owned by Margaret Massey, who lists that as her primary address... It was warranty deeded to her in 1976 for $1,500.  It's odd that it is listed as her primary address though...

Haunted, like I said :-)

A-Finnius

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 01:19:35 PM »
Nope, not an REO property.  It's owned by Margaret Massey, who lists that as her primary address... It was warranty deeded to her in 1976 for $1,500.  It's odd that it is listed as her primary address though...

So what was the Estate Sale that occurred last winter?  I take it that wasn't a foreclosure auction?

downtownjag

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

So what was the Estate Sale that occurred last winter?  I take it that wasn't a foreclosure auction?

I'm not sure about that.  I pulled the address as 245 W. 3rd St from A-finnius's zillow search.  It had no activity since 1976.  If it were foreclosed, it wouldn't be listed under a private individuals name.  It could have been in foreclosure proceedings, but that's a bank note that is essentially paid off if a loan was taken out in 1976. UNLESS there are liens or other mortgages (speculation, speculation).

Sometimes, the city is behind on transaction filings, but not usually this far behind so I don't think it has changed hands recently.  I didn't look up any loan info like Movedsouth did though

hooplady

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 02:19:12 PM »
So is the house actually sinking or was the road raised in front of it at some point?  It looks completely level in the postcard.

JaxNative68

• Be obscure clearly
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 02:25:57 PM »
What a great building Drew's printing company was.  Another great loss of DT Jax!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
So is the house actually sinking or was the road raised in front of it at some point?  It looks completely level in the postcard.

That section of Pearl Street was raised in the 1970s as a part of the approach to the bridge over Hogans Creek.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Springfield Chicken

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »
The Drew mansion has been refinanced since it was bought last by Mr. and Mrs. Massey.  He died several years ago and at some point in recent years foreclosure proceedings were begun.  But the owner got legal help and fought the lender to a standstill because the lender lost some of the critical paperwork.  So title is still in the owner's name but they still have a mortgage and fees and fines that would have to be satisfied before they could sell.  And the lender can't do anything either.  So the house is stuck in limbo.

iloveionia

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 08:25:34 AM »
Where is Mrs. Massey now?