Author Topic: Beaches Construction Update: July 2011  (Read 5352 times)

fieldafm

• Editor
Re: Beaches Construction Update: July 2011
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 09:19:21 AM »
Not to be nitpicky.... but you missed a ton of new things.  And a lot of the places highlighted have been opened for quite some time.  Also, Green Room has been open for about a month now.

do share...

Yes, it has been open for a month, but their storefront sign has just gone up in the last couple weeks and they are just starting to generate traffic in that short time too. It was more so to show the inside of the place for those who are not beachside to stop right by.

Just off the top of my head, leases have been signed for Smash Burger, First Watch and M Shack.  There is a new blues bar along First Street.  There have been about 5 large construction bids won in the last 2 weeks on various commercial projects at the beach.  There is residential construction in South Beach.  And probably most importantly is the old strip center that once housed the tax collector's office has a construction bid out for a facade redesign and is now being actively marketed.

Just a suggestion, you may want to start checking the biz jounral every Friday as they list out all of the construction bids/leads.  It's a real easy tool to keep track of new commercial activity for articles like this in the future.

SarahTay

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 12:01:55 PM »
Not to be nitpicky.... but you missed a ton of new things.  And a lot of the places highlighted have been opened for quite some time.  Also, Green Room has been open for about a month now.

do share...

Yes, it has been open for a month, but their storefront sign has just gone up in the last couple weeks and they are just starting to generate traffic in that short time too. It was more so to show the inside of the place for those who are not beachside to stop right by.

Just off the top of my head, leases have been signed for Smash Burger, First Watch and M Shack.  There is a new blues bar along First Street.  There have been about 5 large construction bids won in the last 2 weeks on various commercial projects at the beach.  There is residential construction in South Beach.  And probably most importantly is the old strip center that once housed the tax collector's office has a construction bid out for a facade redesign and is now being actively marketed.

Just a suggestion, you may want to start checking the biz jounral every Friday as they list out all of the construction bids/leads.  It's a real easy tool to keep track of new commercial activity for articles like this in the future.

Cool, will do, thanks. Try to only focus on places that are physically under construction but this is certainly helpful to know. The blues bar was in last month's update. Do you know where 'M Shack' will be? Looks like Smashburger will be in the Publix Plaza off Atlantic.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »
M Shack is actually under construction now.  It will be in the AB/NB Town Center... where the book store moved from about a year ago.  The strip mall by Casa Marina does have activity going on now as well.

copperfiend

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 11:05:16 AM »
Glad to hear about the First Watch opening in Marsh Landing. My wife and I always go to the First Watch on Sand Lake whenever we are in Orlando. The food is great and it is always clean and the people that work there are very friendly. I read they are opening one in Mandarian also.