Author Topic: FCC Equipment to lay off 57 in Jacksonville  (Read 1675 times)

mtraininjax

FCC Equipment to lay off 57 in Jacksonville
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:50:48 AM »
Throw these on top of the 11% unemployment heap in Jacksonville.....
FCC Equipment Financing is laying off 57 employees, according to Florida’s Agency for Workforce Innovation Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification. The employees will be laid off by Aug. 31, according to the WARN issued April 11. FCC Equipment Financing is a direct lending division of Caterpillar Financial Services Corp., according to the company’s website.

The company, based in Jacksonville at 12740 W. Gran Bay Parkway, provides loans and leases to the construction industry, for-hire truck fleets and private carriers throughout the U.S. The company was founded in 1996 as Forke Credit Corp. and was acquired by Caterpillar Financial Services Corp. in 2002.

From the Jacksonville Business Journal April 12, 2011
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

Captain Zissou

Re: FCC Equipment to lay off 57 in Jacksonville
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:22 AM »
All employees have been extended an offer to move up to Nashville to join the Caterpillar Financial staff.  This is more of a relocating of a branch than a downsizing of a company.  It is still very sad news for those employees who will not be able to move to Nashville and will now be out of a job.  It is a great company and I wish them all the best.

urbanlibertarian

• Duuuvaall!!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
If you have to move to Nashville to keep your job that would sure feel like a layoff.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes (Who watches the watchmen?)

Dashing Dan

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »
I lived in Nashville for almost 30 years.  It's really a great place to live.  Regarding downtown and commuter rail, Jacksonville could learn quite a lot from Nashville.  Also, I know someone who works for Caterpillar Financial in Nashville.  He likes his job and he would be a very good person to work with.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.  - Benjamin Franklin

ChriswUfGator

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »
If you have to move to Nashville to keep your job that would sure feel like a layoff.

Nashville > Jacksonville any day of the week, and twice on Sundays. I'd consider it a bonus, lol.

tufsu1

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:20:36 PM »
feel free to move there

Dashing Dan

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »
Unless you are pulled or pushed by an employment opportunity, there's really not enough of a difference to warrant a move in either direction.   

The main differences are that Jacksonville has beaches and Nashville has a decent downtown.

If you're in one place and you want to be in the other, then Southwest flies both ways three times a day, in 90 minutes - nonstop.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.  - Benjamin Franklin

Dog Walker

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:54:22 AM »
Caterpillar is now making the majority of its profits from sales outside the US, so there is probably less demand for financing here since our construction industry is still in the dumps.
When all else fails hug the dog.

urbanlibertarian

• Duuuvaall!!
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:10:38 AM »
Weakness of the dollar is great for exports and US tourism from abroad.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos cutodes (Who watches the watchmen?)