Author Topic: Saft moving North American headquarters to Jacksonville  (Read 7330 times)

hillary supporter

Re: Saft moving North American headquarters to Jacksonville
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
BridgeTroll, its jobs. we really need these the most. Perhaps i could go back to Roosevelts New Deal in reference to the previous depression. Its far from ideal, leaning to Keynesian economic policy,but it has been proven to get us more jobs. And head us towards recovery. And specifically Jacksonville.
The lithium ion battery industry is one for the future. This is good news for Jax.
I hear your argument on principle. I'm just speaking on reality.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:46:18 PM by hillary supporter »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »
Absolutely Hillary... and I agree with you.  I am also not arguing against it... per se.  What I object to is the constant use of "bumper stickers" like corporate welfare and shipping jobs overseas.  I hear few complaints in this country when Japan, Germany, France, and virtually any and every country has shipped some of their jobs to the US.  Additionally... we have, as a country, state, county, or city provided incentives or welfare to lure companies to our prospective jurisdictions in the name of jobs and expanding a tax base.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

hillary supporter

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:09 PM »
Absolutely Hillary... and I agree with you.  I am also not arguing against it... per se.  What I object to is the constant use of "bumper stickers" like corporate welfare and shipping jobs overseas.  I hear few complaints in this country when Japan, Germany, France, and virtually any and every country has shipped some of their jobs to the US.  Additionally... we have, as a country, state, county, or city provided incentives or welfare to lure companies to our prospective jurisdictions in the name of jobs and expanding a tax base.
This is true. Ideally, such should be done in times of economic depression, like now. But as soon as recovery is substantial, govt should pull back and recover. But many times, they dont and they endure a "welfare state", Which Margaret Thatcher corrected (in the minds of many economists that credited her for Britains recovery in the 80s

duvaldude08

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 01:37:49 AM »
International style????

Yeah, we have bilingual signs now down at social services...  Take that Valdosta!  So is this is the "REALLY BIG" earth shattering move Scott and Peyton worked out? WOW.

OCKLAWAHA

This was annouced last year. This is nothing new.
Jaguars 2.0