Author Topic: Exploring the Trout River Waterfront  (Read 3053 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Exploring the Trout River Waterfront
« on: September 11, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
Exploring the Trout River Waterfront

The Trout River is a tributary of the St. Johns River that forms the north border of the pre-consolidated city limits.  It's also the backbone of a district lined with local river oriented businesses.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/572

Johnny

Re: Exploring the Trout River Waterfront
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
No mention of the sunken boats that have been there for years? Is that supposed to be some kind of really ugly artificial reef?  :-X

big ben

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:07 AM »
No mention of the sunken boats that have been there for years? Is that supposed to be some kind of really ugly artificial reef?  :-X

don't be silly.  it's a really ugly island.

jackie's is a good place to eat. 

gmpalmer

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »
Jackie's is a good place to eat if you can't find Singleton's or don't know how to drive 1 minute south to Joseph's.  Or five minutes west to Jerome Brown.  Or four minutes south to McDonalds. 

dougskiles

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:58:28 AM »
I went to the Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting yesterday.  One of the more interesting things I learned was that the city has applied to F.I.N.D. for a grant to improve the old Trout River Bridge fishing pier ($410,000 matching grant).  After the meeting, the city sent me the attached maps describing the construction:

Garden guy

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »
Jackie's is a good place to eat if you can't find Singleton's or don't know how to drive 1 minute south to Joseph's.  Or five minutes west to Jerome Brown.  Or four minutes south to McDonalds. 
Mmmm...J. Brown ribs...mmm good.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:16:09 AM »
Nice find Doug.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

mtraininjax

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:41:45 AM »
jackie's is a good place to eat.

Perhaps, but I know many people who eat there and never get back because of food illness. Jackie's changed ownership so many times over the last few years, the place right on Trout River is now in the process of being called, per the state website, DBPR, Jac's Dawg House. A hot dog house on the water.

Bon Appetit
And, that $115 will save Jacksonville from financial ruin. - Mayor John Peyton

“This is a game-changer. This is what I mean when I say taking Jacksonville to the next level.”
-Mayor Alvin Brown on new video boards at Everbank Field

Captain Zissou

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »
I believe Jackie's is now called Fela's (pronounced Fee-Lies).  The space they have is great, but they failed to attract a good crowd on a Saturday afternoon-evening when I was there. 

Also, they advertised $.50 shrimp, wings, and oysters from 4-6, but the kitchen didn't open until 6..... FANTASTIC

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »
I went to the Jacksonville Waterways Commission meeting yesterday.  One of the more interesting things I learned was that the city has applied to F.I.N.D. for a grant to improve the old Trout River Bridge fishing pier ($410,000 matching grant).  After the meeting, the city sent me the attached maps describing the construction:

Amazing what good leadership like they have in NW Jax will do for river access opportunities, doesn't it?

Despite the leadership obstacles currently surrounding the Bay Street Pier Park... I think we have found a few interested parties.

wsansewjs

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 03:08:10 PM »
I believe Jackie's is now called Fela's (pronounced Fee-Lies).  The space they have is great, but they failed to attract a good crowd on a Saturday afternoon-evening when I was there. 

Also, they advertised $.50 shrimp, wings, and oysters from 4-6, but the kitchen didn't open until 6..... FANTASTIC

Hahaha, that business is EPIC FAIL.

-Josh
"When I take over JTA, the PCT'S will become artificial reefs and thus serve a REAL purpose. - OCKLAWAHA"

"Stephen intends on running for office in the next election (2014)." - Stephen Dare

Noone

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »

Amazing what good leadership like they have in NW Jax will do for river access opportunities, doesn't it?

Despite the leadership obstacles currently surrounding the Bay Street Pier Park... I think we have found a few interested parties.

Classic example why the Promised 680' Downtown Public Pier pier should be separate right now. Interseted parties are every other county outside of Duval county.