Author Topic: Sustainable Cronyism?  (Read 1970 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Sustainable Cronyism?
« on: August 14, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
Sustainable Cronyism?

Cronyism and the City's new  Sustainable Communities  Department

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/538

Ocklawaha

• Phd. Ferroequinology
  • Global Moderator
  • Monster of Mobility! Ocklawaha is Robert Mann
    • LIGHT RAIL JACKSONVILLE
Re: Sustainable Cronyism?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »
Oh you guys are a piece of work man! Here I wake up to bring my (former) Nun to Jacksonville to "condo shop," and what are the headlines in Metro-Jacksonville...

"Welcome to Hell" 

I'll never live this one down.

Keep up the good work. LOL

Ocklawaha

big ben

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »
is that picture supposed to be similar to high plains drifter

any idea of roughly how many people are going to be in this new department?  are there enough actually qualified professionals to be able to talk some sense into the new appointed heads?  i realize that even if there are, there might be enough politicizing that they would risk their career to disagree with their boss, but hopefully they could at least help some.  it'd be better to get a real professional(s) in charge, though.

Oh my

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 07:40:05 PM »
If you look from the 50,000' level you see that noone promotes or does business with the City unless they are an old frield of the mayor or his staff. Just to name a few not mentioned: Susan Pelter, Kelley Boree, Mickey Miller, Paul Crawford, Joey Duncan, Shorty Robbins, Tony Williams....need I go on? Not to mention the sweetheart consulting jobs given to Mark Middlebrook, ETM, Coxwell and others. Some day the citizen will wake up and see the damage done by this Mayor and ask how could we have let it happen. It is time to stand up........impeachment is the only way to go!

dv8

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 12:04:41 PM »
just like COJ ITD, all the talent and reasonable employees are to be driven off by inept management.
just like Gate itself, mismanaged and corrupt.  If not for cheatin', where would the peytons be?

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 09:07:40 PM »
He wouldn't be on the  lists of flawed men running from redemption.  We're proud of you...clap clap
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586