Author Topic: Everbank Plaza's pocket park  (Read 1911 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Everbank Plaza's pocket park
« on: August 13, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
Everbank Plaza's pocket park

Find out why the JEDC wants the fire station gone and why this pocket park works.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/539

Steve

• The Jaxson
Re: Everbank Plaza's pocket park
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »
You know - people talk about how this building is loaded with retail.  While it does have a good bit, this is how EVERY building should be designed.

Also, would it have been too much to ask to have some parallel parking spots on Forest Street?

alohameisha

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 12:45:40 PM »
Pocket park is the right word for it. It is SMALL. It will mostly be planters and concrete from what I can see from the 5th floor of the Everbank building. Also now that the Dupont construction is underway the bulldozer dumptruck construction labor traffic is crazy and dirty. I suppose it is all in the name of progress but a pain anyway. The poor fire station :( Also there is so much retail available in the Everbank building but not one thing is leased out that I can tell. I've been in the building since April and really hoped that Rosemary and Chives would have opened up by now. Now I hear that they probably aren't coming at all :( I'll keep watching for progress.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 02:07:03 PM »
Is the building fully complete now and most of the new tenants already in?

Anyway, that building does have a ton of retail and with all the construction still on going at street leve, it will probably take some time for it to fill up.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

alohameisha

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:03 AM »
For the most part I would say yes but some floors as of a month ago were not even built out. There are a lot more cars in the garage so I do believe things are progressing.

gatorback

• “Know thyself.”
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:58:39 PM »
I hate Everbank.  They say they are hiring to look good, but fail to hire.  Wonder why they say they are hiring and not?
'As a sinner I am truly conscious of having often offended my Creator and I beg him to forgive me, but as a Queen and Sovereign, I am aware of no fault or offence for which I have to render account to anyone here below.'   Mary, queen of Scots to her jailer, Sir Amyas Paulet; October 1586

alohameisha

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 08:41:18 AM »
Honestly I think they keep jobs posted that are already filled. I don't work for them though so I can't really say. They only have two floors of the entire building. The rest seems to be lawyers and various others.