Author Topic: Creeping closer to Riverplace Tower  (Read 2130 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Creeping closer to Riverplace Tower
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:40:00 PM »
Creeping closer to Riverplace Tower

As of this Wednesday, the Peninsula was quickly approaching top out and the height of Riverplace Tower.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/536

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
Re: Creeping closer to Riverplace Tower
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 02:28:09 PM »
Anyone truely know the official height of the Peninsula?  Skyscraperpage.com has it listed at 133.2m (437')

If that is true then it will be taller than the Riverplace at 132.3m (434')

hightowerlover

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »
well if the vue or the st john ever gets built riverplace will be easily trumped.

big ben

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:48:03 PM »
are these new buildings (peninsula, vue, st. johns) going to be all residential?  either way, it seems like they'll have trouble with traffic with that many condos and/or offices going in.  then again, i've never been down there at peak times.

urbancouple

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 10:23:08 PM »
i saw the same official stats regarding the heights of the two buildings. i think it probably accurate.  as of august 10th, they have just put the roof on the 35th floor.  this leaves one final residential floor (penthouse) at 12' and a two story roof top residents club at 20'.  if my math skills are serving me well - 32' feet remain.

so it seems plausible that the peninsula may actually end up being a few feet taller.  the builder says they'll have the roof on by the end of the month.  at their current pace, im guessing it will be within 2 weeks.  8 months estimated for total building completion - we'll see.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 10:36:36 PM »
will there be mechanical equipment on top of the penthouse level?  If so, that would probably increase the height by a couple of feet or so, as well.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Matt

• My Band!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »
well if the vue or the st john ever gets built riverplace will be easily trumped.

i was under the impression that the vue was a no go
My home is my body.
My protection is right action.

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48:28 AM »
I think it has just been set on the back burner until market conditions rejuvenate.  It seems to me that they have every intention to build the Vu or at least something on that remaining parcel.