Author Topic: London Bridge Pub receiving Exterior Upgrades  (Read 2272 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
London Bridge Pub receiving Exterior Upgrades
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
London Bridge Pub receiving Exterior Upgrades

The London Bridge Pub will soon be the recipient of a renovation project that will involve installing new store fronts and doorways to the historic United Cigar Store building.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2010-mar-london-bridge-pub-receiving-exterior-upgrades

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: London Bridge Pub receiving Exterior Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:34 AM »
Its about time.  The previous owners got tired of waiting.  I hope this happens...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

finehoe

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 09:10:22 AM »
^^ The previous owners got tired of waiting for what?

Miss Fixit

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 09:26:30 AM »
What a major improvement to this very visible and important corner - Carnegie Library across the street; FloridaTheatre around the block, etc. 

Is this an owner funded project or is any grant money involved?

RockStar

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »
Good question, Miss Fixit. Much of these improvements could be made by the operator(s), but they don't seem interested. Not likely to be owner funded.

Sportmotor

• Sexy and I know it
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
This is def needed
I am the Sheep Dog.

Kay

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »
They definitely need better outside furniture.  The stuff they have now is mismatched.

strider

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 12:41:20 AM »
This is good news for Downtown and the thread title suggests it will be done. Though I admitt I am confused by some of the other posts which suggest it won't be?  It is my understanding that exterior improvements like this done to a multiple leaseholder building would often fall to the owner (control reasons as much as anything) rather than the individual leaseholders.  Though I am sure they get to pay for it in increased rent!  However, I would still guess there is some grant money or tax credits, ETC. at work here as well.
"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." Patrica, Joe VS the Volcano.

Miss Fixit

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 08:41:22 AM »
This is good news for Downtown and the thread title suggests it will be done. Though I admitt I am confused by some of the other posts which suggest it won't be?  It is my understanding that exterior improvements like this done to a multiple leaseholder building would often fall to the owner (control reasons as much as anything) rather than the individual leaseholders.  Though I am sure they get to pay for it in increased rent!  However, I would still guess there is some grant money or tax credits, ETC. at work here as well.

That was my thought, too - the landlord/owner of the entire building should be responsible for the improvements and I'm curious about the extent and source of any grants or credits he may have received.

RockStar

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Understand that some of the "improvements" would need to be done by the lessee. If someone breaks a window, the building owner isn't going to pay for it. Now, if you're asking me what kind of operator replaces a broken window with a piece of plywood...

I see their outside furniture as being symbolic of their operating philosophy.

And who doesn't love an English pub that serves microwave pizzas?

Sorry, I just wish so hard for that place to be great again... but if you don't know how to run a restaurant, please don't buy a restaurant.

Prax_N_Jax

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »
any improvements to any building in the downtown area however miniscule or extravegant is still an improvement.... imo  :D
Living in Jacksonville is like living in the province back home... so much potential for growth. not enough gitter done!