Author Topic: The Story Behind Three Layers  (Read 2477 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
The Story Behind Three Layers
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:06:35 AM »
The Story Behind Three Layers

Metro Jacksonville begins our expansion into capturing the history of Jacksonville's present on video with a sincere and intimate monologue from Shawn McGuire, one of the owners of Three Layers, A Coffeehouse. Shawn explains how he and his partner came to open up the iconic Springfield cafe/winebar/community center.

This is the first of many video documentations of people, places, things, and ideas around town, and we are happy that it could be with Shawn.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/article/2010-jan-the-story-behind-three-layers
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 08:14:08 AM by Lunican »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: The Story Behind Three Layers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:22:13 AM »
Very nice... look forward to more of these!
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

vicupstate

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 08:26:57 AM »
One thing that is so encouraging about the success of Three Layers, is the fact that it isn't on Main St. or even 8th Street.  It is tucked away in a location that only the community locals knew of previously, yet it has found success.       
"The problem with quotes on the internet is you can never be certain they're authentic." - Abraham Lincoln

hightowerlover

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 08:54:41 AM »
a transcript to accompany the video would be nice for those of us who have flash content blocked while at work ;)

Doctor_K

• Your friendly neighborhood Hot Rod!
    • Carolina Fusion
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »
Good call Hightower.  Thanks Stephen and staff for attempting to accommodate those of us who are less fortunate at work! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."  -- Albert Einstein

Johnny

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
Awesome! He should have pimped his real estate company at some point though, lol. I'll do it for him... http://www.jaxdwellings.com/

It's right next door to Three Layers for those of you that do not know. Shawn & Jeff are good guys, we are glad to have them in the neighborhood.

mySpringfield

• mySpringfield.org
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
Shawn and Jeff are worthy of all the praise heaped upon them.  This place is the 'Cheers' of our neighborhood.  If you haven't been to Springfield in a long time please come at least to visit Three Layers and the wine bar.  It's a great place to bring the family and young ones too.
Erick Rasmussen
www.mySpringfield.org

hooplady

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:09:12 PM »
I admit I was skeptical of "those guys from Atlanta" who were going to come down here with all their enthusiasm and do something great.  Yeah, right, I thought.  I have never been so happy to be proven wrong! ;D

Dog Walker

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 02:20:01 PM »
Only thing wrong with Three Layers is that they are not in Riverside and closer to me! ;D
When all else fails hug the dog.

CS Foltz

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Dog Walker.........maybe they have plans to expand? I know I have gone out of my way to make a visit there, love their coffee, not bitter, not greasy and outstanding blend for sure! I would also suggest a Southside  location for an addition!

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
I think I saw you too Stephen... :)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Sportmotor

• Sexy and I know it
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 11:37:03 AM »
I love Three Layers
last wednesday they had a bunny in the Zen garden ^_^
I am the Sheep Dog.

seanhimself

• twitter.com/seanhimself
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 02:08:32 AM »
Shawn is great. He's also the owner of jaxdwellings.com. He's the best Realtor there is, no question.