Author Topic: Ronco Group Renderings  (Read 6988 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Ronco Group Renderings
« on: July 26, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Ronco Group Renderings

The Ronco Group will be the lastest company to locate to the neighborhood formerly known as LaVilla.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/514

copperfiend

Re: Ronco Group Renderings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:39:38 AM »
Isn't Ronco the infomercial guy?

hightowerlover

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:17:17 PM »
http://www.roncogroup.com/regionaloffices.htm

They make and imprint toilet paper??!  Great job.  Hopefully it won't smell like a paper plant.

avonjax

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:33:29 PM »
Southside Office Park!

Jason

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 01:01:49 PM »
It could be worse.  At least it reuses an existing structure and adds to the workforce downtown.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 01:13:37 PM »

From a design standpoint (and this is where the DRC should come into play), the structure's facade needs to be broken up more. This could be as simply as extending the windows along Adams and Jefferson down to the floor slab, which at least would help give the impression of storefront openings.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

archiphreak

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 04:33:27 PM »
I looked at this rendering and then threw up a little bit in my mouth.  Now I have to go and brush my teeth.  MetroJax should have a warning label at the top of posts like this.  It disgusts me what gets passed through the building department on a daily basis.  Sh*t like this makes me want to move.

tufsu1

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:20:14 PM »
I looked at this rendering and then threw up a little bit in my mouth.  Now I have to go and brush my teeth.  MetroJax should have a warning label at the top of posts like this.  It disgusts me what gets passed through the building department on a daily basis.  Sh*t like this makes me want to move.

I suppose they could leave the existing building there unoccupied for years....surely that would be better, right?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:37:36 PM »
Or the DRC could suggest ways to improve the facade, before granting final design approval.  After all, isn't that one of the reasons they are there?  Sooner or later we should have a little pride in our community and be able to stop accepting everybody's sloppy seconds.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Seraphs

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 08:56:25 PM »
Lackluster design for sure.  However, it's better than a surface parking lot.  I guess that's one way to look at it.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:16:15 PM »
I don't think people should blame Ronco for the design.  Ronco's relocation to the area, at least adds a little life to the corner between the hours of 8 and 5.  However, is it a little too much to ask of our Design Review Committee to demand a little more, in terms of architectural design?  How about the Architect?

avonjax

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 01:17:56 AM »
It's not that it's a totally horrible design, it's just that it continues the trend in that area to design everything to look like an office park....
I personally don't think that is a good trend for a downtown area....

jason_contentdg

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 08:45:16 AM »

But look at that sweet stone texture map on the entry....

hightowerlover

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 08:50:54 AM »
of course its a shitty design...and shitty colored.  its a toilet paper imprinter!

Jason

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »
...... the man makes a good point.