Author Topic: Records Request Reveals no Extensive National Search  (Read 1529 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Records Request Reveals no Extensive National Search
« on: January 23, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
Records Request Reveals no Extensive National Search

There was no national search for a Planning Director.  In viewing the documents related to the search - and the applications/resumes received - it is very obvious that mainly only Florida was targeted.  Additionally, Susie Wiles has cited the reason for not even interviewing another candidate as the fact that no resumes were received from candidates that were Planning Directors of cities larger than Jacksonville.  First, that qualification was not posted on any of the advertisements for the position and second, those resumes are difficult to receive when you are not making a concerted effort to request them or advertise the position outside of your home state.

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/311

downtownparks

But....
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:52:54 AM »
I thought Susie said there were no other qualified candidates?

J

C-word
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »
Regardless of whether Thoburn is smart or a good guy, he shouldn't get this job because he's not qualified and other applicants are.  If the council allows him the job, they're enabling the mayor's cronyism.

Brad Supporter

Give Brad a chance!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 03:37:19 PM »
Give him a chance folks.  He is the mayor's selection and that should be enough in my opinion.  I swear.  All these "technical qualifications" sometimes prevent us from getting the right guy.  Who cares if the mayor lied?! I know Brad personally.  He is an acquaintance and I vouch for him that he will be the best planning director this city has ever seen.  Ever.

Steve

• The Jaxson
And if he's not?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 03:40:30 PM »
Who Ends up Holding the Bag?

Brad Supporter

Who's holding the bag?
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 04:07:13 PM »
I'll tell you "who's holding the bag" Steve!  Mayor Peyton will be holding the bag because it was his decision!!!!!!  I'm not sure what you mean beyond that.

downtownparks

He means
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 05:12:09 PM »
We wont know until after the Mayor is reelected how brad will work out. Once the Mayor has been reelected we have no way to hold his feet to the fire.

To answer Steve's question?

The citizens of Jacksonville are the ones left holding the bag for the mayors picks.

Go Figure

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 05:44:57 PM »
When will the citizens of this great town wake up and see the damage that the Mayor is doing to this city. This hire just put another unqualified "friend of the Mayor" in a powerful office. Don't you know it is easier to manipulate employees that don't know any better. This is just another example of him buying off someone in order to get his issues pushed. And if you think that is bad look at the city council candidates the Mayor is buying off in the upcoming election.