Author Topic: End nearing for Chris Hionides?  (Read 11115 times)

JaxNole

• Riverside Community Gardens
Re: End nearing for Chris Hionides?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 06:27:39 AM »
Stephen, thanks for the information.

Is now the time to engage Hionides' son-in-law in support and present viable, if not financially lucrative, options for all involved parties?

The downtown venues you mentioned have at least one commonality, which is supporting life in areas that had once been abandoned in white flight.

What has been your involvement with the son-in-law?  Does he get it?  What is his vision?  His short-, intermediate- and long-term objectives?  Having access to so many properties brings hope and we would be wise to capitalize on this opportunity.

02roadking

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 08:30:13 AM »
Has the removal of some chain linkage been posted ?.... This is a positive in my opinion.

http://www.urbanjacksonville.info/2009/04/22/srg-removing-petra-hionedes-chainlink-along-main-street/
Springfield since 1998

daveandcatherine

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 07:15:28 PM »
Any recent developments with the Hionedes properties? The old Woolworth's is in serious disrepair with broken front window glass and a ceiling that appears to be living on the floor. I LOVE this old building and was wondering if anyone knew anything more about it.

movedsouth

• Preservation SOS
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »
Hard to tell what is going on. He is still hanging in there. He recently used liens against a bunch of his properties (some of which are in Springfield) as performance guarantees for some government bids. I guess this means there is money coming in. The contracts are federal government contraction projects if I read the documents right (I am in no ways an expert in this). He has sold some of the properties on Main Street, and some of his corporations got foreclosed on. But he these may be "strategic defaults" where he lets some of his corporations go as there is no way they will ever be profitable. The court papers almost look like things may be stabilizing a bit for him.

The "Petra" apartments in Springfield are his. There are some pretty nice properties, but they could use some maintenance and appear to be on the empty side.

MusicMan

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 08:24:25 PM »
Anyone with knowledge please provide an update on status of Chris Hionides and PETRA?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »
Looks like they're still in business and preparing to restore the old Jones Brothers Furniture Building:

https://www.metrojacksonville.com/forum/index.php/topic,34597.msg479083/topicseen.html#new
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Bill Hoff

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2018, 09:13:10 PM »
Petra recently purchased 2 buildings at the corner of 8th & Main, as well. They've become more engaged in the Springfield community on a personal level.

Gunnar

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 08:47:01 AM »
So they actually do something with their properties ? It was my impression that they let them sit - for whatever reason, but I may be wrong here.
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2018, 09:33:02 AM »
So they actually do something with their properties ? It was my impression that they let them sit - for whatever reason, but I may be wrong here.

For many years that was the case. However, it seems like they've been more active in the last couple years.

Gunnar

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
Cool, so he’s restoring some of his properties now ?
I want to live in a society where people can voice unpopular opinions because I know that as a result of that, a society grows and matures...” — Hugh Hefner

MusicMan

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2018, 04:17:03 PM »
"Petra recently purchased 2 buildings at the corner of 8th & Main, as well. They've become more engaged in the Springfield community on a personal level."

Bill what are the addresses you are referring to? 

FOLLOW UP:

I spoke with Crispy yesterday and he confirmed that Hionides has purchased a coupe ole beat up buildings across the street from Crispy's and also owns the two story structure immediately next door.

If anyone can point out some quality finished projects that Chris Hionides has done (in SPRINGFIELD)  I would be extremely happy to know of them.  Him buying more stuff is not a good sign in my book. Most of what he currently owns is boarded up and shows NO sign of life.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 10:00:17 AM by MusicMan »

Bill Hoff

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »
The building Hyperion Brewing Company is owned by Petra. As is the building that Flour & Fig Bake House recently signed a lease for.

Things are a chagin'.

MusicMan

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
How's Ninth and Main? I have a friend who will give $100,000 cash for it next week.

Bill Hoff

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
He should have responded to the RFP.

The owner recently secured the reno loan.

You would hsve known that last month if you received SPAR's monthly e- newsletter : )

Send me your email, can add you.

MusicMan

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
Thanks Bill. I appreciate your info and earnest dealings. I think the whole thing regarding this property to be a boondoggle.  I delivered a cash offer to the city 3 years ago for way more than this guy is paying.....

Also, unless I am missing something this RFP was "settled " over a year ago, and the "winner" is just now getting the reno loan in place.  That sounds crazy to me, but I guess that's just the way things get done in Jacksonville when the COJ and the RFP are in place. You only need look at THE DISTRICT to know that these adventures in real estate (i.e. the RFP process) is incredibly inefficient and basically allows the COJ to pick winners and losers.

Lastly, had the COJ listed this property FOR SALE by any decent commercial broker 5 years ago chances are we would have a market based and functioning business there paying taxes and creating jobs, much like CRISPY'S is doing, without all this delay.