Author Topic: Introducing River City Marketplace  (Read 14453 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Introducing River City Marketplace
« on: July 15, 2006, 08:07:11 AM »
Introducing River City Marketplace

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/79

Joanne

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
This will definately be a boon for the Northside. Its about time.

Brenda Miller

River City Marketplace
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 04:28:12 PM »
River City Marketplace is now open and already thriving. The Cracker Barrel is open for full-service dining. The landscape looks more mature too. Old Navy, OfficeMax, Petsmart, Walmart and others are open for business. The intersections and new connector roads give a high-five signal that North Jacksonville is about to bring new neighborhoods and big business to a much deserving public. I\'m excited that we have a beautiful shopping outlet in our neighborhood. \"Kudos\" to the developers!

Ron Johnson

Department Store & Restaurant -
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:18:36 AM »
PLEASE add a first-class Department Store like  BELkS
and a first-class Restaurant like CARRABBAS or OUTBACK!!

Alexis

New Mall
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 07:18:44 PM »
I love this new shopping center , and it would be perfect if it had some more stores such as American Eagle or Gap. And an Outback would be nice as well!

K J

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 09:27:39 PM »
Please add Carrabbas, Outback, Harry\'s Bar & Grill, Cheescake Factory.  Please add a Stein Mart and JC Penney.  Think \"INTERNATIONAL\" visitors... This mall is at the Airport and the 1st beautifal mall that our visitors will see.  I am from Los Angeles and shocked to see Jacksonville do not even have a Mc Donalds or an International House of Pancakes near the Jacksonville Airport. Please add upscale hotels to the area such as Hilton, Westen Suites with finer dining... Is Jacksonville \"AMERICAN?\"  Start to think UPSCALE, GROWTH, LOTS OF VISITORS AND NEW RESIDENTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD.  JACKSONVILLE IS THE BEST KEPT SECRET!

KK

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 08:20:54 PM »
Outback, Carrabas, et al. are first class? Really? Since when. They are chains serving the same ol' same ol'.

JOHN RUSSELL

It is unfortunate that the developers did not hold fast with their original idea of completing a full mall.  I agree whole heartedly with the other commenter, that Jacksonville developers as well as city planners need to re-evaluate their development ideas concerning growth in our city.  Jacksonville is trying to be known as an "International" city, however they lack a fully functioning mall complete with upscale stores in the immediate area.  I think the reason for this is faulty rationale and inadequate reasoning on the undeserved stigma that some may have with the northside.  In that faulty reasoning these individuals may feel that the northside's residents would not be able to support the economic patronage needed to sustain the new complex.  The problem with that rationale is that not only will the mall draw all of the northsides underserved residents for retail, it will draw the underserved areas of neighboring south Georgia, as well as the 24 hour needs of the internationl airport travellers.  I think they made a mistake  not following their original formula of an upscale full scale mall.  Hopefully the developers make an improvement by bringing in more upscale restaurants, retailers, and hotels.
This of course could have been intentional as a direct attempt to draw all visitors to the new town center on the southside, instead of having a place to service their needs nearby, which of course is unfortunate, because to truly be an international city, Jacksonville must make a better effort of providing upscale retail and entertainment in all areas to encourage diversity as well as a rich balanced economy.  This is an action that truly helps to evolve Jacksonville into an International city.

prissy

New Mall
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 07:14:31 AM »
Stop all the complaining.  What people now need to do is to make sure that they shop at the stores that are now in the new mall and more will come.  I grew up in Jacksonville on the Norhtside and recently purchased a house on the Northside.  

Jacksonville is a world class city, I've lived in the Metro DC area for eleven years and believe me there are no malls in areas that are mostly black their either.  jacksonville is no different from anywhere else.

The important thing is to spend your money where you live and you will see things change.  If you want to shop at Dillards and Belks just shop online, it may take a while but it will make a diference.

When you are flying you don't have time for major shopping. Malls are not very close to airports for safety reasons.  You don't know the meaning to international.  Do your research first.

Jon D

River City MarketPlace
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 12:43:33 AM »
I've lived on the northside for a few years now. I think its about time we got some kind of entertainment going on. You've always had to drive to the southside, or orange park to do anything exciting. Slowly but surely the northside will attract middle class residents, and then some upper class residence.
Not to mention it's helping the people on the northside with jobs. We wouldnt have to drive as far with gas prices the way they are now-a-days.
I work there now at the panera bread, and I'm soon to get a second job over there.

Melody Dyal

(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
I have lived in the "Northwest Quadrant" for twenty years now and  am very happy to have somewhere to shop that bespeaks of middle-class residents.  Does anyone know if they plan on having a bookstore at The Marketplace?  I wish there were more department stores, but I plan on supporting those stores that are there and continue to drive to Orange Park for the others.  Perhaps they'll come at later date.

William Russ

Gander Mountain, too!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 10:55:31 AM »
I just read that "Duval County issued building permits in November 2006 and January to build a 81,500-square-foot store at River City Marketplace."  Now THAT's a big time draw!!  Jacksonville has TONS of hunting and fishing enthusiasts and this is like mecca for them...er...us.  

For anyone not familiar with the chain, it's similar to Bass Pro Shops, or Cabella's.  There's only one other GM in Florida right now, down in Lake Mary (near Orlando), but they're supposedly opening another one soon near the St. Augustine Outlet Mall.

Considering all of the "bubbas" in this town, it's sorely lacking in shops catering to outdoorsmen.  I live near the beach, but I'll definitely drive to the RCM to shop at Gander Mountain.

Edna

More Food Places on the Northside
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 10:52:53 AM »
It sure would be nice to have a Cheesecake Factory on the Northside of Jacksonville.

Jeff in Yulee

Walmart ruined it.. but still better than nothing
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »
I read in a article a while back that the developer was having a hard time attracting a department store like Belks or Kohls because of the Walmart anchor.
They just didn't want to associate or try to compete.
Another reason why I don't shop at Walmart. They cheapen and ruin communities.
Hope you w/t Walmart shoppers enjoy! Like you don't enough Walmarts in Jacksonville already.
I do like to go to Rivercity for Panera, Office Max,  and Old Navy though.

Michael-Lee

Kohls?
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 11:59:10 AM »
Kohls built a store right next to Wal Mart on Atlantic Blvd, so I see no reason why that would stop them. Look for Bealls and Stein Marts at this development. Belks is another story.