Author Topic: Creating a Legacy: Salvaging the Big Idea  (Read 1252 times)

Metro Jacksonville

• MetroJacksonville.com
Creating a Legacy: Salvaging the Big Idea
« on: March 23, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »
Creating a Legacy: Salvaging the Big Idea

Will Mayor Peyton have a legacy project?  While this morning's controversial editorial submitted to the Metro Jacksonville board has sparked a flurry of criticism and speculation on its true intentions, the topic is something inquiring minds want to know.  Coming Monday, Metro Jacksonville will dust off the grave of the Big Idea, hotdog carts and all, and illustrate how it could be salvaged into a legacy project that benefits both the Mayor's Office and the continued urban revitalization of the core.  Stay tuned!

Full Article
http://www.metrojacksonville.com/content/view/378

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »
I was hoping that this whole "Big Idea" would be forgotten forever.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
It still has a pulse strong enough to google up Friendship Fountain
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »
While it took on the form of a rabid dog last year, there was nothing wrong with the basic concepts.  The problem was the intepretation of the way needed to move from point A to point B.  Next week we'll show how those basic concepts can be integrated within the urban landscape in a way that saves the city money and time, while benefitting residences of all ages and ethnic backgrounds.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:56:07 PM »
Just as long as those concepts don't include moving Kid Kampus or razing the Landing I'm all ears.