Author Topic: Sun Ray Cinema warns of impending sale of their building to Atlanta developer...  (Read 14030 times)

CG7

I'm sure the person was speaking about their personal experience and not being delusional. I live in Avondale and only go to 5 points for the Sunray and Midnight Sun. There is now really nothing to draw us older folks and or families to the area. Not delusional just the truth.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

realestatejax

Some info on Sun Ray's replacement:

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/business/briefs/2024/06/17/sun-ray-cinema-could-be-replaced-by-nashville-based-entertainment-venue/74097491007/

So it won't be a parking garage, golf simulator, or taco shop?!  A music venue is a great replacement tenant and will probably activate 5 Points more than the theater.  I hope the people that expressed outrage over the news of Sun Ray closing calm down a little.

copperfiend

Why would it activate 5 Points more than a movie theater that shows at least 2-3 movies a day? It looks like most of the venues run by that company host a handful of concerts a month. And then get rented for weddings or other events.