Author Topic: $32 million renovation for Ballpark  (Read 484 times)

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
$32 million renovation for Ballpark
« on: February 28, 2024, 02:48:00 PM »
Big news from the Shrimp today.

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/news/local/2024/02/28/biggest-changes-since-121-financial-ballpark-opened-in-2003-coming-soon/72775054007/

$32 million is more than the $25 million renovation that was originally announced, but it seems like a pretty substantive improvement for that money.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Captain Zissou

Re: $32 million renovation for Ballpark
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2024, 03:30:42 PM »
I'm very excited about this.  The ballpark brings so many people to the area throughout the year.  Any news on That Bar's renovation? 

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: $32 million renovation for Ballpark
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 04:39:55 PM »
Would love to see them put an ounce of effort into thinking about how to be more lively on APR as well. It seems the focus is turning its back to the main street which connects the district to the Eastside and the riverfront. While I get that there's a desire to re-center to face whatever the Jags hope to do in their parking lot, a bit of more holistic planning would benefit the Shrimp, COJ, the Jags, downtown and the Eastside.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali