Author Topic: Neighborhoods: Kinnard  (Read 1450 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Neighborhoods: Kinnard
« on: February 26, 2024, 08:54:56 AM »

How well are you familiar with Northwest Jacksonville and the 32209 zip code? Kinnard is a neighborhood with a unique story that the average Jaxson may not have ever heard of that will challenge negative stereotypes associated with this area of town.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/neighborhoods-kinnard/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

Re: Neighborhoods: Kinnard
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 09:06:09 AM »
Is this the community connected to New Kings Road by Richardson?
And you are right, I was unaware of the history of this neighborhood. Thanks for sharing.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 09:11:23 AM »
No but its pretty close. The neighborhood off Richardson is the site of the former Lincoln Golf and Country Club.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Charles Hunter

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 09:45:59 AM »
Ah, I think I found it - "Kinnon Drive" seems to be a good clue - but it is east of New Kings.
Very nice neighborhood.

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 10:17:57 PM »
These streets and houses look more appealing than most I have seen from the same era on the Southside or off Roosevelt.  Thanks for sharing. I checked this out on Google maps and street view (and Charles is right, it is east) and the greater area looks similar.  Did the developer just do one street or much more?

I note that there is some nice green spaces at the end of the street and all the lots in the area are nice sized with well kept houses.  It is far and away better than the cookie cutter, postage stamp sized lots builders are turning out today. 

Not pushing for "gentrification" but if values are artificially low, there has to be a day coming when that will change.  No one is building this nice today so there is a limited supply for those wanting distinctive houses on nice lots in a well kept area.

If there is an area homeowners association maybe they can do more to promote how nice the area is.  How many houses make up this development? 

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 09:21:48 PM »
Many truly Appealing Neighborhoods, Areas, Regions rarely conduct Promotional Efforts.
I checked this area out.
Ya. I remember when mandarin and Orange Park was the New Thing.and Andy Johnson’s family farm. Early Murray Hill.
Five or ten miles away far more interesting.
Twenty, fifty and more miles away even better.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 09:23:51 PM by Florida Power And Light »