Author Topic: It has been a very violent week so far in Jacksonville  (Read 19177 times)

Charles Hunter

Re: It has been a very violent week so far in Jacksonville
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2023, 08:32:21 PM »
I-95 Southbound closed near World Golf Village as the result of a late morning shooting on the highway.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/10/17/traffic-alert-all-sb-lanes-of-i-95-just-south-of-cr-210-in-sjc-are-closed-due-to-incident/

All lanes are open now.
Wonderful!
All Those Fleeing Florida have an Opening.

Uh ... if you are "fleeing Florida" by heading south on I-95, you have bigger problems.

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2023, 10:22:30 PM »

Uh ... if you are "fleeing Florida" by heading south on I-95, you have bigger problems.
[/quote]

For some, heading to South Florida is a Step In Fleeing.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2024, 11:00:26 AM »
Also the 2 masked men used different cars, but there's a very similar incident that you posted last week where a woman was hit.  The recent article did not say that the two incidents were connected, but unless that's a very common MO then I think it's likely it's the same people.

I'm pretty sure that both of these shootings, and possibly the one on Moncrief, are tied to the Ace/Foolio rap beef and each side's respective gang. Foolio survived an attempt on his life a week or two back (he got shot in the leg), and it seems like it's caused all kinds of chaos from both sides. Won't pretend to be an expert, but you can find out more about some of the violence in the city on the DuvalCounty drill subreddit than you can in local media (trigger warning for language and violence, tough to see some of this stuff, but also important to understand how bad things actually are on our streets).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuvalCounty/top/?t=month

So why do rappers have gang’s and why do they want to kill each other

If you’ve got the time, this is a shockingly well produced deep dive into the local situation.

https://youtu.be/DyIO3B5EFpM?si=ZM5rW1gKsOg8eHti

Foolio was assassinated last night, on his 26th birthday, after broadcasting his location on Instagram.

Either gonna make things a whole lot better, or a whole lot worse, depending on the response from both sides.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2024, 02:46:41 PM »
That's unfortunate. Life has so much more to offer.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2024, 06:31:42 PM »
Also the 2 masked men used different cars, but there's a very similar incident that you posted last week where a woman was hit.  The recent article did not say that the two incidents were connected, but unless that's a very common MO then I think it's likely it's the same people.

I'm pretty sure that both of these shootings, and possibly the one on Moncrief, are tied to the Ace/Foolio rap beef and each side's respective gang. Foolio survived an attempt on his life a week or two back (he got shot in the leg), and it seems like it's caused all kinds of chaos from both sides. Won't pretend to be an expert, but you can find out more about some of the violence in the city on the DuvalCounty drill subreddit than you can in local media (trigger warning for language and violence, tough to see some of this stuff, but also important to understand how bad things actually are on our streets).

https://www.reddit.com/r/DuvalCounty/top/?t=month

So why do rappers have gang’s and why do they want to kill each other

If you’ve got the time, this is a shockingly well produced deep dive into the local situation.

https://youtu.be/DyIO3B5EFpM?si=ZM5rW1gKsOg8eHti

Foolio was assassinated last night, on his 26th birthday, after broadcasting his location on Instagram.

Either gonna make things a whole lot better, or a whole lot worse, depending on the response from both sides.

I'm betting on a uptick in drivebys... probably some dead and wounded
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2024, 12:11:48 AM »
That’s sad. These guys aren’t going to stop till they’re all dead.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Lunican

• The Jaxson
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2024, 10:30:52 AM »
It seems like Youtube is funding these guys.

Murder the 'opps' -> release music video on monetized youtube channel -> profit.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2024, 12:33:23 PM »
Looking at the comment section, you may be right!

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2024, 01:05:53 PM »
I am certain these guys have other streams of income than YouTube.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Jax_Developer

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2024, 01:09:37 PM »
These trends are all related to a sub-genre of rap called "drill."  A rapper named Chief Keef from Chicago really popularized the music that you now see as mainstream rap back in 2010-2012.

When he started making music, he had a friend use a cheap handheld recorder, they uploaded videos on Youtube. They made a ton of money with the ad's placed on those songs and he went multi-platnium. Drill rap focuses on drills, which you can look that up if you want to learn more. The point is, he really invented a way to circumnavigate the traditional route to fame that musicians had gone through for decades. Not only did they make money through the internet, but now they were able to gain social followings & become 'real' artists with millions of income. Most of the big-time rappers under the age of 30 right now all got their start this way & while some get out of the lifestyle, some of course stay in it.

This trend has basically reached Jacksonville as of 2017-ish, and so we are in the middle of "that." The very cruel side of the entire situation, is that Chief Keef originally did this with no way of knowing what would unfold 10+ years later. Now, the lifestyle is commoditized, with commentators/news outlets making millions of reporting on these situations. The same reporters that usually get these same folks killed by making their lives something to idolize. The list of dead drill rappers is so incredibly long, but the industry stays propped up because of that death. A sickening cycle.

RIP to all the victims of drill. Especially the innocent.

Jax_Developer

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2024, 01:11:11 PM »

Certainly lol. But YT money is legal & easily able to be reinvested. Drug money requires a lot more sophistication to make clean.

Josh

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2024, 10:18:47 AM »

Certainly not as much money as they like to portray. Foolio was killed driving around in the exact same car he had been shot in before.

Jax_Developer

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2024, 12:53:08 PM »
Jacksonville's lineup is not on the national stage. Goto Atlanta or New York and those guys can make several millions a year at 18. In fact, the reason why Jacksonville & Memphis have the popularity they do with drill, is because our market is perceived to be more dangerous.. hence why Foolio's death went viral.