Author Topic: Urban Construction Update - September/October 2021  (Read 1403 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Urban Construction Update - September/October 2021
« on: October 13, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »

A brief look at the status of various developments under construction in and around Downtown Jacksonville.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/urban-construction-update-septemberoctober-2021/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

acme54321

Re: Urban Construction Update - September/October 2021
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 06:41:18 AM »
Something is wrong with the links in the article, they all redirect to the June/July update.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 07:11:38 AM »
Thanks! The links should be updated. I was doing that at the same time as your post.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

fsu813

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
A couple more things in Springfield that weren't featured...

Bold City Yoga is almost finished building out their space at 1334 Walnut Street:
https://www.boldcityyogacenter.com/

Plantaja is working on their space on the SW corner of 8th & Liberty:
https://www.facebook.com/plantajajax/

Also, the Main Street Food Truck Park had its grand opening cekebration on Oct 9th. Big turnout. It won't be fully operational until November, however, once it completes the rezoning process.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 11:07:37 AM by fsu813 »

jaxjaguar

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 12:28:51 PM »
Ugh, seeing that huge FIS parking garage on Riverside Ave makes me sad... Half of that road is going to be massive street facing parking garages before I die.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
It would be nice if some of these garages could have been built to take residential on top at a later time. The garage facing the landing site is the saddest of all, especially if we have a grand park there eventually.
Also, how come all these garages get to build with an agreement to have retail and never develop the retail. Are the developers finding loopholes to get around it? Is there an agreement that states: "when the market is right?" It never is around here.

fsu813

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 04:23:29 PM »
It would be nice if some of these garages could have been built to take residential on top at a later time. The garage facing the landing site is the saddest of all, especially if we have a grand park there eventually.
Also, how come all these garages get to build with an agreement to have retail and never develop the retail. Are the developers finding loopholes to get around it? Is there an agreement that states: "when the market is right?" It never is around here.

A small retail space is being built at the FIS garage along Riverside Ave now.

acme54321

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2021, 10:36:38 PM »
I just can't get over how terrible that apartment complex on the south bank turned out. 

The Springfield food truck park looks great.  I've been to a few in other places that were really cool.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2021, 10:58:16 PM »
^Such a far cry and let down from the St. John......

tufsu1

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2021, 09:32:37 AM »
I just can't get over how terrible that apartment complex on the south bank turned out. 

forgetting the boring design, the colors are just awful

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2021, 09:43:35 AM »
Never thought a color could be uglier than (Florida Beige) until they added that brown paint.

Captain Zissou

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2021, 10:08:41 AM »
Am I weird for not hating the southbank apartments?  I'd rather have that than some of the recent vestcor designs.

jaxjaguar

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 04:40:36 PM »

Didn't the executives that fought to lower the height of the current building,because it would have blocked their office view, move their offices to Southside? Pretty sure that's what happened. Our leadership caved and they fled anyways.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 05:17:33 PM »

Didn't the executives that fought to lower the height of the current building,because it would have blocked their office view, move their offices to Southside? Pretty sure that's what happened. Our leadership caved and they fled anyways.

The building owner sued for air rights, not a tenant in the building.