Author Topic: When Jacksonville leaders visit Missouri, show 'em more than Ballpark Village  (Read 1707 times)

landfall

Re: When Jacksonville leaders visit Missouri, show 'em more than Ballpark Village
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2021, 04:12:38 PM »
I'm sure this trip to St. Louis was planned pre covid and was cancelled last year.

I can't help but think a rehash of Lot J will come along eventually. That's a big gaping hole in between their training complex and the riverfront developments they are proposing.

I'd expect the office space  to be gone and the live arena to be gone or a version of it without cordish branding.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 04:16:07 PM by landfall »

jaxoNOLE

Re: When Jacksonville leaders visit Missouri, show 'em more than Ballpark Village
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2021, 05:27:14 PM »
A non-Cordish take on the Live! arena should be the whole point of doing anything in Lot J. It was the other components that seemed completely outrageous and over-priced.

Things need to happen in the area for the Four Seasons to succeed. I doubt Khan is going trust all of that to the Berkman developer and prayers that the city follows through on a world-class Shipyards park anytime soon.

tufsu1

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2021, 04:54:37 PM »
Ballpark Village is not a good comparison for one BIG reason -

Yes they have baseball 81 games a year - but we have baseball, arena events, and football over 100 times a year in the sports complex.

But location - Ballpark Village is adjacent to the central core of St. Louis, not a mile away from the central core!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 04:57:14 PM by tufsu1 »

tufsu1

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 04:56:10 PM »
^ You mean they aren't even going to see the Gateway Arch to study an "icon" we might learn from?  LOL  8).

oh they are - they will see how iconic LERP can be

slyle

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2021, 08:35:06 AM »
I am on this website frequently and read the comments a lot but don’t comment myself much. But since someone has mentioned lot J again ,it seems to me, a logical solution would be to take the present indoor practice facility and change it to entertainment uses like the lot J live arena was going to be. With the new 120 million jaguar facility including a practice field indoors, the present facility is going to have a hard time finding something useful to use it for in its present state.

landfall

Has anyone ever read much into the Titletown District in Green Bay?

That looks a much better benchmark of stadium surrounding development for the Jags than Ballpark Village or the vanity project that is the Four Seasons.

tufsu1

I am on this website frequently and read the comments a lot but don’t comment myself much. But since someone has mentioned lot J again ,it seems to me, a logical solution would be to take the present indoor practice facility and change it to entertainment uses like the lot J live arena was going to be. With the new 120 million jaguar facility including a practice field indoors, the present facility is going to have a hard time finding something useful to use it for in its present state.

The Jags proposal is to turn the existing practice facility over to the City - there are very few active ball fields near downtown - it could be very useful for youth football and soccer leagues

landfall

Check out today's Daily Record. Sounds like they want another go at Lot J, in the near future, and possibly with Cordish still involved!

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
It was a given that the project would circle back around. It will eventually get done. Hopefully the deal for taxpayers will be significantly better the next time.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali