Author Topic: Activists urge removal of major Confederate monument  (Read 604 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Activists urge removal of major Confederate monument
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:22:28 AM »

Activists urge Mayor Curry to remove last major Confederate monument In Jacksonville.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/activists-urge-removal-of-major-confederate-monument/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

sandyshoes

Re: Activists urge removal of major Confederate monument
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 12:44:32 PM »
With all the ongoing world events, even those involving the safety of women and children, and with the recent anniversary of 9/11, and with the ongoing Covid battles, I'm so glad someone has shifted our focus back where it belongs.  Let's stick to what's important and take care of our own.

Adam White

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 01:35:07 PM »
With all the ongoing world events, even those involving the safety of women and children, and with the recent anniversary of 9/11, and with the ongoing Covid battles, I'm so glad someone has shifted our focus back where it belongs.  Let's stick to what's important and take care of our own.

Some people are actually able to care about more than one thing at a time. Sorry you’re deficient in that area.
“If you're going to play it out of tune, then play it out of tune properly.”

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 10:27:52 PM »
I wonder if Confederate Era persons who have been Enshrined were to somehow come alive and see and experience present day Jacksonville might be well pleased with not having an Edifice Erected in their name.