Author Topic: I-95 barrier walls planned in Moncrief  (Read 283 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
I-95 barrier walls planned in Moncrief
« on: July 29, 2021, 08:23:09 AM »

The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is moving forward with plans to improve the outdated interchange ramps at I-95 and Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway (U.S. 1) in Moncrief. The $36 million project is anticipated to begin in early 2023 and be completed in summer 2025. A hybrid public hearing will be held on August 9th to provide additional details on the plan, which will include the construction of noise barrier walls.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/i-95-barrier-walls-planned-in-moncrief/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Tacachale

• Administrator
Re: I-95 barrier walls planned in Moncrief
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 09:08:06 AM »
About time we started bringing updated infrastructure to the older neighborhoods that were first affected by the interstate construction. Putting them in new areas but not bringing them to the Urban Core is effectively a government sponsored subsidy for those who can afford to live in newer developments.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?