Author Topic: Piner's Locksmith Closed?  (Read 731 times)

jaxlongtimer

Piner's Locksmith Closed?
« on: July 18, 2021, 11:31:54 PM »
It looks like Piner's on Hendricks, near Emerson, has closed based on sightings of their store and web pronouncements.

One site says they were open for 59 years (started in 1962).  I actually was under the impression they went back another decade or two before that.  Regardless, they were a San Marco - Lakewood - San Jose institution.  I believe, along with Rosenblum's and Winn Dixie in Lakewood and Turner Plumbing, they may be among the last four continuously owned businesses in that stretch remaining from the early 1960's or before.  The San Marco theater would be another but it has changed hands over time.

When I was young they were more than just a locksmith.  Among other things, they were also a Schwinn bicycle shop and that's were my first "3 speed" "big boy" bike came from.

They will be missed.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 11:36:51 PM by jaxlongtimer »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Piner's Locksmith Closed?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 06:45:50 AM »
Not surprised... I  was in there a few years ago. My impression then was it was rundown and disorganized.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

sandyshoes

Re: Piner's Locksmith Closed?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 10:45:00 AM »
jaxlongtimer:  I think you're right, as the link starts off "Welcome to Piner's Yahoo store".  Sorry.  https://rbs-piners.stores.yahoo.net/