Author Topic: The history of a former Eastside potato chip factory  (Read 6115 times)

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
The history of a former Eastside potato chip factory
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:18:55 AM »

Industrial buildings have special stories to tell if we’re willing to listen. During its 93-year history, potato chips, desert cakes and bicycles have been manufactured in this historic Eastside property. Here is a look into a bit of lost urban core history.

Read More: https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/the-history-of-a-former-eastside-potato-chip-factory/
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

MusicMan

Re: The history of a former Eastside potato chip factory
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 09:09:20 AM »
Thanks Ennis, another fascinating story. What I find amazing and kind of sad, is that I followed up and searched out Emory Bicycles on Google. Turns out they are an American made bicycle, and appear to be of the highest quality. What I find sad is that I've never heard of the brand before, and this is the type of product that our elected representatives should be champions of, both locally and throughout the country.  I love their story, it should be promoted and I appreciate you bringing to light their existence in Jax.

Snaketoz

Re: The history of a former Eastside potato chip factory
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 10:30:58 AM »
I knew about the bakery and bicycle factory, but didn't know it started as a potato chip company.  I fondly remember the old Lay's potato chip factory on W. Beaver St.  The aroma was great.  Thanks Ennis.