Author Topic: Riverfront Jacksonville: $1.1 billion Master Plan  (Read 26920 times)

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
Re: Riverfront Jacksonville: $1.1 billion Master Plan
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »
I haven't been to Jax at night since moving back to North Florida, but did they keep the blue lighting?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

Bativac

« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2021, 12:49:57 AM »
You know, I've walked on that bridge and taken pictures of my kids all over that  bridge and park. So I see what you are saying. I guess my only observation is that it's so seamlessly woven into the natural elevation and topography of the spot it seems as if it's always been there.
Can we pull off something like that?

The Jax is structured to be interactive--water features, dynamic lighting, and walkable under/through/and around. I understand you're not a fan--but I think the intent is there to have some of those kind of elements to activate the art. If there's a proposal to change the design and achieve the same goals, I wouldn't complain.

Jacksonville has a long and storied history of failing to maintain anything with water features and dynamic lighting

heights unknown

« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »
In downtown Jax now. Surveying going on at Broad and Forsyth. Anyone know what's going there? Light crane doing work at the Ambassador Hotel. Looks Like they're tearing the old windows out. Large parking garage on block north of Wells Fargo building is underway it seems, as is the Laura Trio. Seems the Orleck will be here before the end of the year...a friend of mine posted it in one of my Navy forums I Admin...Navy Vets are wetting their pants over that. Lot of "stuff" taking shape in big Jax.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

jaxoNOLE

« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2021, 01:58:26 PM »
You know, I've walked on that bridge and taken pictures of my kids all over that  bridge and park. So I see what you are saying. I guess my only observation is that it's so seamlessly woven into the natural elevation and topography of the spot it seems as if it's always been there.
Can we pull off something like that?

The Jax is structured to be interactive--water features, dynamic lighting, and walkable under/through/and around. I understand you're not a fan--but I think the intent is there to have some of those kind of elements to activate the art. If there's a proposal to change the design and achieve the same goals, I wouldn't complain.

Jacksonville has a long and storied history of failing to maintain anything with water features and dynamic lighting

True, but I think that highlights a needed change in our MO vs. throwing in the towel and saying we can't support those types of amenities. If we avoid building new versions of things we have historically neglected, we should also be avoiding parks, schools, and anything downtown (if you'll forgive a bit of hyperbole).  There's a lot of discussion over the design, but that discussion pales in comparison to the question of whether the city will actually commit resources to both build and maintain anything that resembles the vision articulated by the bidders. Not to mention the other in-design proposals downtown that would also require ongoing maintenance.

landfall

« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2021, 03:03:34 PM »
In downtown Jax now. Surveying going on at Broad and Forsyth. Anyone know what's going there? Light crane doing work at the Ambassador Hotel. Looks Like they're tearing the old windows out. Large parking garage on block north of Wells Fargo building is underway it seems, as is the Laura Trio. Seems the Orleck will be here before the end of the year...a friend of mine posted it in one of my Navy forums I Admin...Navy Vets are wetting their pants over that. Lot of "stuff" taking shape in big Jax.
Interesting they are starting working on the Trio already.

heights unknown

« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2021, 10:42:14 PM »
Interesting they are starting working on the Trio already.
What I meant was I saw people milling around the Trio; what they were doing, really, I do not know. I just assumed some type of work, whether inspecting, surveying, etc., seems to be underway.