Author Topic: Dun & Bradstreet moving HQ, 500 jobs to Jacksonville  (Read 30043 times)

CityLife

Re: Dun & Bradstreet moving HQ, 500 jobs to Jacksonville
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2021, 11:22:24 AM »
Dun and Bradstreet are a nice addition for Jax, but that’s a big incentive package for a company whose employees will have a quicker commute to Nocatee Town Center than the Shoppes of Avondale. Big get for St. John’s County’s ad valorem tax rolls compliments of Duval.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 11:24:26 AM by CityLife »

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »
Impressive that the Daily Record managed to predict it two weeks ago.

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/analysis-town-center-two-fits-dun-and-bradstreets-building-needs
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2021, 12:23:11 PM »
Dun and Bradstreet are a nice addition for Jax, but that’s a big incentive package for a company whose employees will have a quicker commute to Nocatee Town Center than the Shoppes of Avondale. Big get for St. John’s County’s ad valorem tax rolls compliments of Duval.

Yep.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2021, 02:20:27 PM »
Shops of Avondale?  I ain't a fan of the govt handing over $$$$$ for this stuff.  But let's not act like that is _the_ Duval.    E-town, Mandarin, Julington Creek, Town Center, Tamaya, the beaches, all are quite close and reasonable for living. 

And even if they built downtown, northern St. John's is still very much in play.  A lot of people would rather deal with the longer commute to be able to send their kids to good schools w/out having to go or because they don't have the $ to go the private school right.

Duval's going keep bleeding middle / upper middle class folks to St. John's Cnty and even Clay until they reform their public schools.    The problem, the rub, is that especially w/ the First Coast expressway opening up, more businesses are just going to set up shop in those counties in the first place. 

Zac T

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2021, 12:55:18 PM »
Shops of Avondale?  I ain't a fan of the govt handing over $$$$$ for this stuff.  But let's not act like that is _the_ Duval.    E-town, Mandarin, Julington Creek, Town Center, Tamaya, the beaches, all are quite close and reasonable for living. 

And even if they built downtown, northern St. John's is still very much in play.  A lot of people would rather deal with the longer commute to be able to send their kids to good schools w/out having to go or because they don't have the $ to go the private school right.

Duval's going keep bleeding middle / upper middle class folks to St. John's Cnty and even Clay until they reform their public schools.    The problem, the rub, is that especially w/ the First Coast expressway opening up, more businesses are just going to set up shop in those counties in the first place.

Duval County is bleeding middle class families to surrounding counties but is rapidly replacing them with younger singles and couples with no kids that are also middle class but generally have a lower income than the larger households you see in Clay and St Johns. The number of non-family households has increased by 30,000 in Duval since 2010 compared to 4,000 in all of the surrounding counties combined during that same time period.

According to 2019 ACS, over 40% of households in Duval are non-family households compared to 20% and 27% in Clay and St Johns respectively. The average income for those households is $51k in Clay, $56k in Duval, and $64k in St Johns.

So if Dun & Bradstreet has a lot of people with families working for them then St Johns should be celebrating but if it's mostly young professionals with no kids then it's still a big win for Duval.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2021, 04:37:59 PM »
Duval schools are improving, and the county is getting more and more diverse, whereas St. Johns’ populace is 90% white. Jacksonville has more advantages over the bedroom suburbs than it sometimes gets credit for.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

MusicMan

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2021, 06:13:29 PM »
Last time I went to Nocatee I left in a hurry. Very depressing. Would not move there for all the ______ in ________.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »
My neighborhood in Avondale has had a huge influx of young families with kids in the last few years. 

CityLife

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2021, 09:15:25 AM »

Duval County is bleeding middle class families to surrounding counties but is rapidly replacing them with younger singles and couples with no kids that are also middle class but generally have a lower income than the larger households you see in Clay and St Johns. The number of non-family households has increased by 30,000 in Duval since 2010 compared to 4,000 in all of the surrounding counties combined during that same time period.

According to 2019 ACS, over 40% of households in Duval are non-family households compared to 20% and 27% in Clay and St Johns respectively. The average income for those households is $51k in Clay, $56k in Duval, and $64k in St Johns.

So if Dun & Bradstreet has a lot of people with families working for them then St Johns should be celebrating but if it's mostly young professionals with no kids then it's still a big win for Duval.

Good data. Even young professionals that work at/near the Town Center are more likely to live at the beach, Baymeadows, Southside, Intracoastal West than the In Town neighborhoods. Anecdotally, in my experience young professionals from those neighborhoods are far more likely to eventually move to Nocatee/SJC than those that live in the In Town neighborhoods.

WarDamJagFan

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2021, 12:09:09 PM »
My wife and I are in our mid-30s living the Baymeadowns/Southside area. We love it. Neighborhood is quiet. Diverse options of kick ass food (Maa Kitchen bringing the A+ game for Indian food). And it is convenient to literally everywhere in Jax. For the most part... it's still quite a haul to the Baldwin Trail

jaxlongtimer

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »
^ I am involved in residential rentals at times close into town.  I never have a problem finding young professionals to rent.  Many of them are affiliated with the major medical facilities (St. Vincent's, Baptist, MD Anderson, Woflson, Nemours, UF, Navy Hospital, etc.) or doctors having offices in proximity to them.  Lawyers and bankers are other fertile groups for these areas.

I also find that some of those moving from more northern areas are attracted to the more traditional architecture of our older neighborhoods.  While our older neighborhoods are often a bit "newer" or less extensive than those in some places that have a much larger building stock predating WW's I and II, these transplants often desire the character of similar neighborhoods here that come closest to approximating their origins.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:30:27 PM by jaxlongtimer »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2021, 12:27:31 PM »
My neighborhood in Avondale has had a huge influx of young families with kids in the last few years. 
I’m in Avondale and can confirm this.
Lenny Smash

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2021, 11:59:54 AM »
Duval schools are improving, and the county is getting more and more diverse, whereas St. Johns’ populace is 90% white. Jacksonville has more advantages over the bedroom suburbs than it sometimes gets credit for.

Duval County Public Schools couldn't have gotten any worse. 

Duval, like the rest of the country, is becoming beige.  It'll happen in Duval a generation before St. John's County.  But it'll happen in both places.   The demographic set up for it is in place and can't be undone.