Author Topic: Artemis  (Read 12540 times)

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: Artemis
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2022, 03:40:52 PM »
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2022, 12:48:10 PM »
All systems GO so far for a 1am launch tonight.
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2022, 12:53:12 AM »
Still go for launch... in a planned 30 minute hold

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2022, 01:39:13 AM »
T minus 10 minutes and counting

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2022, 01:53:12 AM »
Success!!!!!!!

Jason

• Global Moderator
  • I am the man in the box...
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2022, 09:05:40 AM »
That is a kick-ass rocket!  I actually stayed up to watch but couldn't see it because of the cloud cover... but I swear I could hear it just a little. :-)

Its going to be great to see people on the moon once again in a couple of years.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2022, 09:09:38 AM »
It IS a kickass rocket!!  Another kickass rocket launching soon is the SpaceX Starship...

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2022, 07:05:56 AM »
First picture from Orion....

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2022, 04:24:24 PM »
Even cooler picture...  8)

acme54321

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2022, 05:03:36 PM »
I think they went too far

sandyshoes

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2022, 04:25:02 PM »
I've just been awestruck (or would that be 'awestricken'?) by the photos being sent back...to know this is real and happening in our lifetime.
 Not to mention this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-O3q4gE3Vs
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 04:28:34 PM by sandyshoes »

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2022, 04:43:35 PM »
The mission so far has been a huge success... reentry is the last hurdle...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/05/world/nasa-artemis-1-moon-flyby-return-scn/index.html

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2022, 06:35:31 PM »

Charles Hunter

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2022, 09:22:29 PM »
I will be interested to see what the G-loads were on the "astronauts" during re-entry. One of the goals of the skip re-entry was to reduce G-forces - how well did it work?

This troubles me
Eventually, NASA wants to establish a cadence of one Artemis mission per year to build the Gateway mini-space station in lunar orbit and permanent infrastructure on the moon’s surface.

Only ONE mission per year?