Author Topic: Laura Street Trio finally headed to DDRB  (Read 12287 times)

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John- www.jasonjohnart.com
    • Jason John Website
Re: Laura Street Trio finally headed to DDRB
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2021, 06:58:31 PM »
Was going to ask about the garage too. What are they waiting on at this point.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2021, 07:16:30 PM »
This March article said the garage construction should start in 6 to 12 weeks:

https://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/article/vystar-continued-to-grow-during-pandemic-looking-at-downtown-expansion

This week is the 12th week. The article also said the breezeway would be open by mid April and Estrella Cocina by May 1st. Both Estrella Cocina and the breezeway just opened last week. Bread & Board Provisions is also a few weeks off for the March projection of it being open by June 1. So it seems they are running a few weeks behind. Hopefully, the garage will be under way within the next month or so.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John Website
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 10:21:19 PM »
Thank You

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 11:02:12 PM »
Went snooping through downtown today "Angela Lansbury Style" (murder she wrote with the flashlight), and walla, I see a sign around the fence at Laura Street Trio about "COMING SOON, LAURA STREET TRIO," made me feel a lot better about where Jax is going; things are picking up and beginning to rise. Didn't see the cranes around Riverside Avenue over the new high rise there until day before yesterday; that area (Brooklyn) is taking on the look of its own signature downtown or urban core (LOL). So is the Southbank. I hope they keep the momentum going and keep getting those critical first downs (projects/development starts) and on to much needed touchdowns (completion of those projects/development). Western downtown on the Northbank really needs a fusion bad; looks like it was bombed out. I hope they don't neglect that eastern end of LaVilla, which is the western end of the Northbank of downtown. Read somewhere that new projects are proposed for LaVilla.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!

Ken_FSU

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2021, 01:39:16 PM »
New fencing up around the Trio site.

Hopefully this flies through City Council in the coming weeks so work can get started soon.

landfall

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »
New fencing up around the Trio site.

Hopefully this flies through City Council in the coming weeks so work can get started soon.

Positive sign, literally. Any visible movement across the street at the Vystar site?

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2021, 02:31:08 PM »
^Nope! JEA's garage is well underway though.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Ken_FSU

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2021, 03:05:19 PM »
Positive sign, literally. Any visible movement across the street at the Vystar site?

HQ or the parking garage?

Lots of movement in the last few months on their new headquarters. The Bread & Burger has opened in the alley, as has Estrella Cocina on the rooftop.

Last time I walked by Bread & Board provisions, it looked like they were getting close to opening.

Still no action with the parking garage.

The revised garage plans necessitate VyStar purchasing a portion of property from Regions Bank. The two parties have been under contract forever, but the sale hasn't closed yet. With City Council passing an incentives package this week for Regions renovations contingent on that sale going through to VyStar, VyStar's employees heading back imminently, the Trio heading before City Council, etc. I think/hope we're going to see movement on the garage ramp up pretty quickly in the next month or two.

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2021, 04:13:30 PM »
Regarding the parking garage, I read something in the JDR that implied that VyStar hadn't closed on the Regions parking lot yet. That seems to be the indirect holdup.

Now what's the holdup with the closing on that parking lot?........unsure.

Ken_FSU

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2021, 04:54:06 PM »
Regarding the parking garage, I read something in the JDR that implied that VyStar hadn't closed on the Regions parking lot yet. That seems to be the indirect holdup.

I was under the impression that Regions wanted to secure the incentives package from the City before finalizing the sale.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them close by end of month.

landfall

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2021, 04:59:04 PM »

HQ or the parking garage?

Lots of movement in the last few months on their new headquarters. The Bread & Burger has opened in the alley, as has Estrella Cocina on the rooftop.

Last time I walked by Bread & Board provisions, it looked like they were getting close to opening.

Still no action with the parking garage.

The revised garage plans necessitate VyStar purchasing a portion of property from Regions Bank. The two parties have been under contract forever, but the sale hasn't closed yet. With City Council passing an incentives package this week for Regions renovations contingent on that sale going through to VyStar, VyStar's employees heading back imminently, the Trio heading before City Council, etc. I think/hope we're going to see movement on the garage ramp up pretty quickly in the next month or two.
Sorry yeah, meant the parking garage. The other stuff looks like its churning along.

jcjohnpaint

• Jason John Website
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2021, 06:14:56 PM »
Glad to see that fence up.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2021, 07:08:40 PM »

I was under the impression that Regions wanted to secure the incentives package from the City before finalizing the sale.

Ken is correct.  Regions, wisely, has been holding out on actually selling the property to Vystar while COJ a) approved Region's fairly large signage exception b) signed off on giving Regions money to pay for parking spots in off-site parking garages and c) signed off on a historic preservation façade grant (which exceeds the limits of the incentive program). 

Frankly, it was a nice little carrot to wag on Region's part.

Unless there is a severe recession, Vystar has even more plans for Downtown once the parking garage is built.

Steve

• The Jaxson

heights unknown

• HEIGHTS UNKNOWN (HOT DAMMIT!) YES...SUPER TALLS!!!
    • FRESH START SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCY
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »

Ken is correct.  Regions, wisely, has been holding out on actually selling the property to Vystar while COJ a) approved Region's fairly large signage exception b) signed off on giving Regions money to pay for parking spots in off-site parking garages and c) signed off on a historic preservation façade grant (which exceeds the limits of the incentive program). 

Frankly, it was a nice little carrot to wag on Region's part.

Unless there is a severe recession, Vystar has even more plans for Downtown once the parking garage is built.
What plans? Or...are you not obliged to let the cat out of the bag? LOL
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ACCESS MY PERSONAL FACEBOOK PAGE AT: https://www.facebook.com/garrybernardcoston.personal/ or, access my Social Service national/world wide page if you love supporting charities/social entities at: http://www.freshstartsocialagency.com; thank you!!!