Author Topic: Landmark downtown restaurant River City Brewing could make way for apartments  (Read 6487 times)

bl8jaxnative

I wouldn't rule out that an experienced developer recognizes the importance of changing plans based on public feedback.   So remove from the original plans what you knew was a good idea - outdoor riverside dining - knowing it's something feedback will focus on.   Gives one an easy win.

Not only does it give you an easy win to be ( supposedly ) changing based on that feedback but it has the added bonus of distracting folk from the usual complaining over more parking spots, precise boat ramp access, etc.

marcuscnelson

• Gen Z - Tired of the status quo
I think it's much more likely that they just didn't plan to include outdoor dining than that they conspired to manipulate the public into thinking they listened to feedback.
So, to the young people fighting in this movement for change, here is my charge: march in the streets, protest, run for school committee or city council or the state legislature. And win. - Ed Markey

bl8jaxnative

Re: Landmark downtown restaurant River City Brewing could make way for apartments
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2020, 11:49:14 AM »

Occam's Razor, makes a lot of sense.

Then again, they came back with new plans all of what?  1 1/2 after the original?  And they're already well acquainted w/ downtown and know RCBC is the only outdoor dining on the river downtown.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
Re: Landmark downtown restaurant River City Brewing could make way for apartments
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2020, 11:54:47 AM »
Had a chance to have a meal at Glass and Vine in South Florida last week. This would be a nice use for the Southbank Riverwalk and Friendship Fountain. Here are a few pictures:

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali