Author Topic: The Bakery  (Read 415 times)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
The Bakery
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
Maybe I am slipping...maybe it’s because I have been living under a Covid Rock, I don’t know. But I had no idea “ The Bakery” had opened up next  to The Local (where San Jose meets up with Hendricks  in the Miramar area). I like to think I have my finger on the pulse of everything baked goods in the area but clearly this was a miss.  In my defense, I am rarely in that area.

I finally checked it out today and I only got some muffins so this will be a small sample size review....but Damn, the muffins are good! In addition to my donut enthusiasm, I do have quite the reputation as a muffin connoisseur. I always have to get a blueberry ...the quintessential muffin If you will....to judge a place. And that was outstanding.

But then I had the cinnamon streusel...and all I will say is that instead of stopping at a half and leaving the other half for my wife, I considered just killing it and not even tell her I bought one. 

High quality, friendly, interior looked great, and I will be back ( too often)

https://thebakeryjax.com/

Wacca Pilatka

Re: The Bakery
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »
Thanks for the tip...top of the muffin to you!
The tourist would realize at once that he had struck the Land of Flowers - the City Beautiful!

Henry J. Klutho

Captain Zissou

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »
Is it affiliated with The Local?  The signage looked similar to me.  Not Posting House-District similar, but similar.

fieldafm

• Editor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 01:39:31 PM »
Although the space had been done since April, they literally just opened a couple of weeks ago (first Friday of June). Its an extension of The Local.  Although they make dog treats... my favorite delicacy from The Bakery is their puppy chow, which is a peanut butter-heavy version of Chex mix (for human consumption).

At the beginning of the year, I moved to Miramar a block away, and I can say first hand that they've been very good neighbors.

The Local also opened a location in Neptune Beach last year (former 7-11 building).   

Kind of makes you wonder why they are being sued in an attempt to stop them from opening in a building that is almost falling down on itself in Riverside.  But, that's another NIMBY story for another day...

https://www.thejaxsonmag.com/article/riversides-deluxe-laundry-building-condemned/

JaxAvondale

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
Absolutely shameful that they can’t open in Riverside.

MusicMan

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »
There might be other options over there (real estate wise)......just sayin'

Noticed the Canadian joint in the Delgado Bldg was replaced with a new burger joint, anyone been there yet?