Author Topic: The District coming to Walnut Street  (Read 1599 times)

Bill Hoff

The District coming to Walnut Street
« on: July 03, 2020, 06:24:28 PM »
Nice bar & lounge called The District will open soon at 2026 Walnut Street, site of the former Walnut Inn. For those not familiar, the Walnut Inn was a blue collar hole-in-the-wall bar tradition in the neighborhood, unassuming & off the beaten path. It closed last year. The space looks completely different now, contemporary & stylish, with a great outdoor area in the back. Owners live in the 'hood, longtimers.

I'd post photos, but I'm too lazy.

Should be a great addition.

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
Re: The District coming to Walnut Street
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 07:04:55 AM »
Glad to hear but... the "Nut" closed because the landowner wouldn't renew the lease and the proprietors also lived in the hood...   8)
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Bill Hoff

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 03:24:12 PM »
Glad to hear but... the "Nut" closed because the landowner wouldn't renew the lease and the proprietors also lived in the hood...   8)

Know all about it ;)

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 04:50:34 PM »
The District? Not sure I love the name considering the massive development on the South Bank with the same...uh...

Never mind.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 11:38:05 AM »

I'd question the sanity of anyone willingly going to drink there at night.

twojacks

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 11:40:35 AM »
must live in mandarin

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 12:17:09 PM »
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Steve

• The Jaxson
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 12:38:22 PM »

I'd question the sanity of anyone willingly going to drink there at night.

Clearly it's been since 2001 since you've been to Springfield.

Jagsdrew

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 03:03:59 PM »
Nice bar & lounge called The District will open soon at 2026 Walnut Street, site of the former Walnut Inn. For those not familiar, the Walnut Inn was a blue collar hole-in-the-wall bar tradition in the neighborhood, unassuming & off the beaten path. It closed last year. The space looks completely different now, contemporary & stylish, with a great outdoor area in the back. Owners live in the 'hood, longtimers.

While a great addition, they literally copied the Posting House's design and interior.  I saw the photos and thought this looks VERY familiar and TU Reporter Emily Bloch showed comparison photos.

https://twitter.com/emdrums/status/1279534355648589824?s=20
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2020, 03:38:43 PM »

While a great addition, they literally copied the Posting House's design and interior.  I saw the photos and thought this looks VERY familiar and TU Reporter Emily Bloch showed comparison photos.

https://twitter.com/emdrums/status/1279534355648589824?s=20

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha. That back room is like a cheap pathetic copy. Unreal.

thelakelander

• The Jaxson
    • Modern Cities
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2020, 04:11:22 PM »
Wow!!!
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.” - Muhammad Ali

Peter Griffin

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »
I could almost write off several similarities to the general "design aesthetic" du jour, AKA "copy Ikea" but there's a LOT of similarities there that could seem pretty uncanny.

White countertop, hexagonal backsplash, globe on the shelf, wood stack facade in the backroom seating area...

'Ello govnah!

Jagsdrew

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 08:02:57 PM »
The couple that owns Posting House, I follow the wife on IG as she is an interior designer and has some great work so I’m sure they are a little puzzled as to why the copied it.
Twitter: @Jagsdrew

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 08:24:59 PM »
The couple that owns Posting House, I follow the wife on IG as she is an interior designer and has some great work so I’m sure they are a little puzzled as to why the copied it.

Well, if she ever wondered what her work would look like in one of those funhouse mirrors, consider that box checked.

acme54321

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2020, 10:21:42 PM »
That's hilarious.