Author Topic: Rioters? Uh...may want to skip Clay county.  (Read 2189 times)

marcuscnelson

• Generation Z - Totally Screwed
Re: Rioters? Uh...may want to skip Clay county.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 11:59:08 AM »
I don't think anyone here is endorsing vigilantism.

The concern is that the people zealous enough to attempt being deputized without actually going through the training involved (which given recent events seems to be questionable already) have a decent chance of being much more trigger happy were there to be protests.

sandyshoes

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 12:52:02 PM »
...so how much safety training etc. do those with possibly stolen firearms receive before they go shoot each other and innocent children?  My point is, why are people scared of one gun owner and not another.  I would think the licensed gun owners, overall, are viewed as responsible grown ups.  Those who have a firearm only for safety purposes, not to go out and play Wyatt Earp, have usually been vetted and received safety and instruction at a shooting range.  While, on the other hand,  those who steal guns in the first place seem to have other purposes in mind since they had to steal it, or chose to.  Which possible scenario scares people more and why, is what I'm trying to see. 

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »
I’m not scared of shit. You can identify something as a problem without being scared. In this case, it’s two different issues.
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

sandyshoes

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2020, 06:08:59 PM »
Fair enough, 'scared' was obviously the incorrect term for your machismo.  Guns excite people on both sides of the law.  Guess that's all there is left to say.  I thought there were more minute facets of this to think about, obviously there are not.  It is a cut and dried issue.

sanmarcomatt

• Donut Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2020, 08:02:54 PM »
I’m not scared of shit.

I hope the looters,rioters, and pillagers are reading this.

You stay out of San Marco....or you’ll have to listen to...a lecture! Better to take your chances in Clay.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2020, 09:50:51 PM »
I’m not scared of shit.

I hope the looters,rioters, and pillagers are reading this.

You stay out of San Marco....or you’ll have to listen to...a lecture! Better to take your chances in Clay.

Lol!
Do you believe that when the blue jay or another bird sings and the body is trembling, that is a signal that people are coming or something important is about to happen?

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2020, 09:56:01 PM »
Fair enough, 'scared' was obviously the incorrect term for your machismo.  Guns excite people on both sides of the law.  Guess that's all there is left to say.  I thought there were more minute facets of this to think about, obviously there are not.  It is a cut and dried issue.

I think the bigger issue is that these two things aren’t related. It’s easy to conceive of someone who is concerned about both the Clay County situation and gun crime. The Clay County thing is more a publicity stunt by an embattled sheriff and red meat for voters than anything else, while gun crime is a longtime issue.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 09:57:33 PM by Tacachale »

JeffreyS

• Demand Evidence and Think Critically.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 08:03:04 PM »
This is interesting, look at this for a minute:  a lot of people sound frightened of LICENSED gun owners being deputized by the Sheriff - are they just as frightened of those who may own stolen guns, who are already exacting their own brand of justice in the streets?  Discuss.
No one should be frightened of this because it in reality was never being considered just something to excite the rubes. People will just have to give up their barney fife fantasy.
Lenny Smash

BridgeTroll

• Global Moderator
  • The average person thinks he isnt
    • London Bridge Pub
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2020, 09:30:18 PM »
This is interesting, look at this for a minute:  a lot of people sound frightened of LICENSED gun owners being deputized by the Sheriff - are they just as frightened of those who may own stolen guns, who are already exacting their own brand of justice in the streets?  Discuss.
No one should be frightened of this because it in reality was never being considered just something to excite the rubes. People will just have to give up their barney fife fantasy.

The rubes??  Who are the rubes??  Why would you classify or denigrate or pigeon hole someone who you don't know?  Seems beneath you Jeffrey...
In a boat at sea one of the men began to bore a hole in the bottom of the boat. On being remonstrating with, he answered, "I am only boring under my own seat." "Yes," said his companions, "but when the sea rushes in we shall all be drowned with you."

Florida Power And Light

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2020, 09:45:52 PM »
Ha!....
Skip Clay..... the entire Region.Protestors don’t have the imagination, or ability to effectively carry out and lodge a “ win” for whatever they are yelling at.
 On the other hand, Clay is a Paper Tiger.
I moved from Clay Middleburg to “ Predominantly White” “ Established”  Duval Neighborhood as a matter of Quality Of Life” move.
This, after having worked effectively for Clay;the creation of Jennings State Forest and  re- route of Brannon Chaffee First Coast Beltway. Stopped Delaney political career, so entwined with Clay/ Duval Brannon Chaffee,easily. ( Here’s looking at you Matt Carlucci, your Dad’s involvement)
Of little solice for those living adjacent to Clay County First Coast Outer Beltway..... also known as White Flight Boulevard.
A good Run for the past twenty years....
So Clay County experiences Orange Park Mall “ Mob” past couple of years. A key driver to Clay Alert.
My Neighborhood Riverside Avondale “ Preservation” dominated by two individuals that changed the face of Clay County and St Johns County..... former  Clay and St Johns County “ Planners” inextricably connected to RAP.

It’s official: GOP Convention “ Jacksonville” need not/ should not Happen.
Allow us to stew in our own juices without outside introspection.
We can defend Clay County.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:27:24 PM by Florida Power And Light »

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2020, 11:57:37 PM »
Ha!....
Skip Clay..... the entire Region.Protestors don’t have the imagination, or ability to effectively carry out and lodge a “ win” for whatever they are yelling at.
 On the other hand, Clay is a Paper Tiger.
I moved from Clay Middleburg to “ Predominantly White” “ Established”  Duval Neighborhood as a matter of Quality Of Life” move.
This, after having worked effectively for Clay;the creation of Jennings State Forest and  re- route of Brannon Chaffee First Coast Beltway. Stopped Delaney political career, so entwined with Clay/ Duval Brannon Chaffee,easily. ( Here’s looking at you Matt Carlucci, your Dad’s involvement)
Of little solice for those living adjacent to Clay County First Coast Outer Beltway..... also known as White Flight Boulevard.
A good Run for the past twenty years....
So Clay County experiences Orange Park Mall “ Mob” past couple of years. A key driver to Clay Alert.
My Neighborhood Riverside Avondale “ Preservation” dominated by two individuals that changed the face of Clay County and St Johns County..... former  Clay and St Johns County “ Planners” inextricably connected to RAP.

It’s official: GOP Convention “ Jacksonville” need not/ should not Happen.
Allow us to stew in our own juices without outside introspection.
We can defend Clay County.

I dare you to make less sense.

Charles Hunter

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2020, 07:58:18 AM »
^ Be careful what you ask for, Tachacale.

bl8jaxnative

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2020, 11:27:06 AM »

The concern is that the people zealous enough to attempt being deputized without actually going through the training involved (which given recent events seems to be questionable already) have a decent chance of being much more trigger happy were there to be protests.

If you people wouldn't keep purposely conflating protests with riots, Secoriea Turner would be alive.

FFS, get serious about these important distinctions before another 20 people have to die.  Cuz that's how many have as a part of these so-called "peaceful protests".

The sheriff's an idiot.  But he's doing the right thing.  With the RNC coming up + homeland security warning that antifa & other related groups have been shopping for small towns to overwhelm with their violent mayhem, the sheriff is letting them know it won't end well for them if they venture to the SE out of Duval.

MandarinNole

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2020, 12:13:28 PM »
White supremacists are as much, if not a greater threat than the Antifa boogeyman.  They will also be likely coming to town for their dear leader.

Deputizing untrained citizens is never the right thing.  This is nothing more than a publicity stunt paid for by taxpayer money.  Remember when conservative values meant more than blustering for the cameras?  Actual fiscal conservatism?  Actual morals? This is a perfect example of Trump party politics in 2020.

Tacachale

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »

If you people wouldn't keep purposely conflating protests with riots, Secoriea Turner would be alive.

FFS, get serious about these important distinctions before another 20 people have to die.  Cuz that's how many have as a part of these so-called "peaceful protests".

The sheriff's an idiot.  But he's doing the right thing.  With the RNC coming up + homeland security warning that antifa & other related groups have been shopping for small towns to overwhelm with their violent mayhem, the sheriff is letting them know it won't end well for them if they venture to the SE out of Duval.

As I said before, I've covered a number of these protests in Jacksonville and other than the first weekend there's been no rioting and few incidents. The RNC will be a whole other can of worms, but there's no real reason to think that if violence breaks out over it, that Clay County will be the epicenter.